Green our vaccines?

21 Apr

Jenny McCarthy:

I am surely not going to tell anyone to vaccinate. But if I had another child, there’s no way in hell…….for my next kid — which I’m never going to have — there’s no way.

Thus speaks the woman who claims she is not anti-vaccine and not intending to spread an anti-vaccine agenda.

In June this year she will be spearheading a rally to carry the message of ‘green our vaccines’. Said message is apparently all about making vaccines ‘cleaner’ (???) reducing the number of them and spacing them out. No scientific reason for this of course.

When asked, the ‘green our vaccines’ leadership claim that they are not _anti_ vaccine – just pro _safe_ vaccine. Uh-huh. And which vaccines are ‘safe’ according to the ‘green our vaccines’ committee? Well, it seems that Jenny McCarthy thinks that answer to that is ‘none’. She will never vaccinate again. No way in hell.

Some people think that the ‘green our vaccines’ message is a trojan horse.

I’m against vaccines, but I feel that “greening our vaccines” is a step in the right direction. Because I realized that more people will be open to hearing the message “green our vaccines” rather than “no more vaccines”. In the beginning I couldn’t imagine scrapping vaccines altogether, but in time I transformed. I think the public
needs to digest this one bite at a time.

Greening of the vaccines is only half of the issue, people need to wake up and see that there is no such thing as a safe vaccine…

I agree with you that there will never likely be a “safe” vaccine, but the only good thing I see about talking about “safer” vaccines, is that this makes it more “palatable” for some and more likely that this news gets out into the mainstream. People are more comfortable dealing with “too much, too soon”, rather than with “none at all”. It gets the vaccine issue a foot in the door, so to speak, into the mainstream media

………..

Hopefully, the “Green Our Vaccines” campaign will get the ball rolling and get this info to more people, to get them thinking and talking about vaccine safety issues. Whether there is such a thing as “safe vaccines” will need to follow after that initial discussion.

….parents do need to come to the conclusion that vaccines are useless and harmful, on their own, through their own thinking and research

I agree that “Green the vacines” is more palatable to the general populace and that is the ‘message’ Jenny and TACA have chosen. I think the approach is ingenious and fits right into the times of global warming and greening everything.

……………

I think green the vaccines ultimately leads to NO vaccines but agreed it must be done in steps.

…………..

We could hopefully all agree that the goal is to STOP damaging children whether that will take greening or incinerating vaccines, that is still the ultimate goal.

These messages are from an active discussion on the EoH Yahoo Group. And after all, why wouldn’t this be the message? Jenny McCarthy quite obviously does _not_ believe in vaccination.

In my opinion the whole ‘green our vaccines’ campaign is very much a trojan horse. We all know how groups associated with this campaign really feel about vaccines. We know how Jenny McCarthy feels about vaccines and we can see what the ‘rank and file’ really think about both vaccines and what the ‘green our vaccines’ campaign is really all about.

Thankfully, the opinion of McCarthy as a less than stellar representative for science is a widely held mainstream one. On Gawker for example, her recent embarrassing performance on Larry King was described as:

Larry King had noted medical expert/softcore video star Jenny McCarthy on the program last night to talk about AUTISM. Specifically, how it’s caused by VACCINATING YOUR CHILDREN. This is patent conspiratorial nonsense, but it’s very popular conspiratorial nonsense. Of course, in a battle between concerned, credulous parents and medical experts, the media will generally frame it as, say, Debate Rages Anew on Vaccine-Autism Link. Faced with a panel of three trained pediatricians, Ms. McCarthy shouted “BULLSHIT” twice.

and Jossip said:

Jenny McCarthy believes common medical vaccinations cause autism in children. And you know what she thinks of your opinions if you disagree? Bullshit! At least that’s what she yelled last night while berating three doctors trying to reason with her on Larry King Live.

Ouch.

Now, whilst it might be mildly amusing to see how real people in the real world (those unconnected with either the vaccine, autism or vaccine/autism debates) consider the opinions of McCarthy it shouldn’t be forgotten or swept aside that its not just about the mercury. Its not even just about the autism. Its about the vaccines. When Jenny McCarthy tells you she wants to ‘green our vaccines’ then ask her exactly what that means and why she won’t ever vaccinate another child of hers.

About these ads

26 Responses to “Green our vaccines?”

1. Ms. Clark April 23, 2008 at 02:07 #

There aren’t very many openly antivaccine antivaxers, most are of the sort who want to pretend in public to be merely “against dirty vaccines” without explaining the fact that they think all vaccines are “dirty”. Myself, I would put Lenny Schafer in that category. From what Lenny has said publicly about his adopted son, it seems that he’s autistic and never been vaccinated. According to Lenny, he also has a totally unvaccinated daughter who I believe is in her 30s. One of the proud and openly antivaccine is a woman who seems to be a good friend of Lenny’s, Kendra Pettingill. Kendra was the editor of the DAN!/ARI e-newsletter from about July of 2007 to January 2008. Her she states that she’s antivaccine.

Five years ago also I was still a very anger and bitter mother. I have mellowed with time, have a much better grasp on reality and what is and is not possible, and have become far better at remaining calm and rational in the face of complete idiocy and lack of common sense. An inner peace if you will. I pick my battles better these days and ole Al is not worth my time. NDers are not worth my time. But my beliefs about vaccines and being anti-vaccine has not changed, in fact the previous six to seven years has only made my resolve all the stronger. There are no safe vaccines, it is not possible. Take out toxins they will only put new ones in. …

To me, her autism spectrum daughter looks like she has a genetic disorder; she’s mildly dysmorphic. It would seem that maybe Kendra would rather put all her anger into being antivax than admit that her child didn’t become autistic because of vaccines.

2. bones April 23, 2008 at 13:21 #

Ms. Clark, Kev…

There’s been alot of chatter the last few days on EoH on what the best strategy would be to ultimately rid the world of vaccines or, at least, a federally imposed vaccination policy.

Indeed, Schafer has stated that he believes the “green our vaccines” is a baby step towards ultimately achieving this goal.

3. Another Voice April 23, 2008 at 18:32 #

We see that the medical community is not vocal on vaccine; can we blame them? Three doctors appear on nationwide television only to have another panelist shout “bullshit” at them. They are trying to discuss an issue in a rational manner and this occurs twice. The “moderator” does not moderate, in fact the crass behavior is helping ratings. Would you put up with that?

Loud and crass seems to work on television and in the movies, perhaps because they have nothing else to offer. It affords those who were once close to the television scene one more brief glimpse of the lights, but it does not impact reality. Autism is a very real state of being, we need serious research and support.

4. bones April 23, 2008 at 22:07 #

Yeah, I have to agree w/ Another Voice. TV news industry, at least here in the States, is nothing more than an entertainment industry. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, they’re all guilty. Hell, I watch BBC America to find out what’s going on around the world.

5. Ms. Clark April 23, 2008 at 22:47 #

Interesting discussion on EoHarm about using the “green our vaccines” rally as a “trojan horse” to get people to stop vaccinating altogether.

Lenny told people on EoHam who insist that all discussions be 100% antivaccine to move to their own boards, which I think was maybe an invitation for (homeopath) Sheri Nakken to stop posting there, but I could be wrong. It appears that he wants to maintain the impression that they aren’t all antivaccine.

Here’s one of the closet antivaxer moms from that group:
    “I agree. You tell the world what is in the vaccines. They start to pay attention to what is in the water, the food,the plastics. They’ll complain that they can’t green the vaccines. Then we can stop the vaccines. Take it slow.”

Lenny’s second in command on the EoHam list:

“Yes, I agree, Lenny. No one in congress will listen if we go at it with the approach of “all vaccines are bad”. Baby steps. This is a damn good start. They will laugh at you if you appear a zealot, and nothing will be accomplished.”

No, they will laugh at you because you look like an tinfoil hat wearing conspiracist who knows nothing about medicine or physiology or public health, deary.

I’m guessing Lenny’s lieutenant is speaking the words that Jenny McCarthy would say if Jenny was being honest. What the McBunny actually says is that if she had a baby she wouldn’t vaccinate it, but then she only wants “green” vaccines whatever that’s supposed to mean, for other people’s babies. I doubt that.

6. B Campaigne April 26, 2008 at 13:21 #

Posting just a link isn’t a contribution to a discussion. Do better or don’t bother. KL

7. Airam Cervantes May 15, 2008 at 22:35 #

Although this might be deleted here it goes, I think that this is just another article to try and get people to think twice. Just like global warming. But scientist say its not true. Yet were having plenty of proof it is true with all these natural disasters going on. Do you even have kids? Do you know what it’s like to have a healthy baby and then have a vegetable child. I dont think you do. The proof is there. Read it.Today , the Center for Disease Control and the AAP tell doctors to give children 48 doses of 14 vaccines by age 6. A baby can recieve 8 vaccines in ONE DAY. And at ages 15-18 months, a child can recieve as many as 12 vaccines in ONE DAY. Would you take that many in one day. I think not. It’s all about the money to these pharmaceutical companies. Children are being damaged forever. I guess it must be something in the water….because its ridiculous to think that toxic vaccinations can do this to a fragile child. Please. Stop trying to get into peoples heads. Your part of the problem for writing this. You must be a doctor!

8. Kev May 17, 2008 at 23:08 #

Airam, I really did almost delete your infantile comment as I am so tired of dealing with class A morons. Please click here to get answers to all of your ridiculous conspiracy theories.

9. Sunshine June 1, 2008 at 15:31 #

Regardless if you are for or against vaccines they need to be safe and effective. That is the point of the rally. Who cares if it is a trojan horse if it is going to help keep children safe. Educate yourself. There is enough evidence that vaccines are harmful. Thousands of children that suffred reactions or died are the evidence.

If you have not researched the issue on your own then I suggest you do. It is best to learn both sides and make an educated decision.

FACT: Vaccines are not safe – due to all of the reactions and death

FACT: You will not find a Dr. to guarentee safety and effectiveness of any vaccine in writing.

Some Drs will not even vax their own children or themselves.

Be informed. Get the facts. Protect your health.

To be Balanced, the CDC has the PINK BOOK too that is very informative as well.

God Bless.

10. HCN June 1, 2008 at 17:06 #

Sunshine, the NVIC is notorious about not updating their “information” with updated with recent stuff that goes against their anti-vax philosophy.

Now you say:
    “FACT: Vaccines are not safe – due to all of the reactions and death

FACT: Vaccines are not effective – due to vaccinated populations becoming infected.”

Please tell me where the peer reviewed research on http://www.pubmed.gov shows that the MMR is more risky than mumps, measles and rubella, or that DTaP is more risky than diphtheria, tetanus or pertussis. Give us the real papers, not a link to a website.

11. EH June 2, 2008 at 01:26 #

In the UK, SS is not going to come to your house, take your child and then take them STRESSED OUT to doctor, probably not their own and give them a shot!

Hello?
    “The government has conceded that vaccines may have hurt Hannah, and it has agreed to pay her family for her care. Advocates say the settlement — reached last fall in a federal compensation court for people injured by vaccines, but disclosed only in recent days — is a long-overdue government recognition that vaccinations can cause autism.”
    What would it really take to go back 9 years to doctors notes etc… UGH. When my son was born they gave him medicine that made his bum bleed, but did they tell me that could happen when they gave it to him NO. After the fact they told me he had to have hearing tests because “some” children have hearing problems coming out of NICU. Headbanging? Oh he’ll grow out of it…
    STOP SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN IN ALL THIS – In the US 1 in 150 “ASSESSED” Children have autism – that just happens to coincide with the increases and changes to vaccines.
    I believe also there is a genetic factor, but vaccines DO PLAY A PART.

Oh and I did not get if there was information about your child(ren) with autism???????

12. Najma Haider June 4, 2008 at 19:48 #

FACT: Vaccines are not safe – due to all of the reactions and death

I will take it out of sunshine’s post.

Here is another
    FACT : Medicine In general is not SAFE. Any intervention with your body is not safe, plastic surgery is not safe, driving is not safe, you have more deaths in accidents than you have adverse reactions with vaccines. THAT IS THE FACT.

Let me get one thing straight…anything, any medicine, any outside agent in your body will have some side effects…that is a known risk but yet eveyr day we go to doctors to get treated, we get sick we get treated. We have diabetes and high BP in family we do prophylaxis, we take care of ourselves not to get genetic disease our parents can give us yet we still get them. This is the basic fact of life. This is the cost of living a luxurious and healthy life…MEDICAL knowledge and INTERVENTION and even PREVENTION..that is called primary prevention.
    You can try to make any medicine or drug as safe as you want to but do you really in your right state of mind believe that there will be zero side effects from any medicine, medical procedure and such. We want all the results but are not willing to admit that yes there will be some effects we won’t like. Thus we keep sueing drugs for side effects and keep paying out huge compensations. That is the right thing to do isn’t it?

What is my back ground, I am a physician, I am a mom, I am a vaccine consultant and I have a clear head on my shoulders. I am from a third world country where we don’t have luxury of vaccine and herd immunity US has and i have seen polio in children, i have seen babies die of tetanus, i have seen measles and chickon pox take lives but than again people in US can rally against vaccines to ultimately remove them from the face of the earth. You want to see these disease wreak havoc, go buy a plane ticket and go see how our children want vaccine but can’t have them. Tell a mom whose newborn died b/c of tetanus because she didnt have a tetanus shot. Tell her its worth it to not have vaccine. I have kids, I have another one on the way and i will vaccinate again like i did my other one, like I was (as much as my dad could backin 70s)
    Please by all means don’t have your kids vaccinated, but then please keep them away from my infant, my sick mom and my friend who has cancer b/c if your kid is the one who is a victim of imported in disease, you are putting my family at risk for those who are too young, toosick or too old to have vaccine. So keep your disease to your home, don’t put the whole community in danger because you made a choice to not vaccinate your child, your chouce is yours but exposing unwilling particpants to the consequences of your choice is as irrepsonisble and selfish as it gets.
    Its easy to say things like what Jenny Mccarthy and Jim Carey (the harvard med school grads so to speak) are saying. If her child had vaccine autism yes remove gluten form the diet they would be cured…what a load of BS that is. The mere fact that age of showing autism symptoms and administring MMR are the same age, gives her the medical know how about and a cause for AUTISM??? We still don’t know the cause but it is more than anything genetic and yet she thinks she knows the reason…that means i went to school for nothing b/c Ms Macarthy is the authority on vaccine side effects. So she can be no way in hell not vaccinating her children ever again but she better be ready to pick out of plethora of disease that travle by airplanes all over the world every day and tellus all which disease she would want your child or her child to have in case there is an outbreak…..does menigitis or polio sound good enough??? It is so irritating to see people like her who have nothing else to do in life(whatever she did before is not relevant either) so they pick something to have to brag about and that is her brag. So good luck making vaccines disappear because as long as we have doctors and sane people who can think alive vaccines are going nowhere.

13. Sullivan June 4, 2008 at 22:24 #

FACT: not vaccinating is unsafe.

14. LancasterMom June 5, 2008 at 12:23 #

For those of you criticizing the rally and what you think was said… did any of you attend? There were 3 doctors, 3 congressmen, and Robert Kennedy JR. who was the keynote speaker (and has investigated the toxic effects of coal mines, rivers and now vaccines for years). I love how everyone focuses on Jenny and Jim because they would be the easy target–after all many Hollywood actors talk about things they often know little about. There were extremely credible people discussing real issues.

I vaccinated my child with 22 vaccines and saw him lose language, have seizures, etc… it has not been until we started to eliminate 18 times the normal amount of lead and 8 times the amount of mercury and alumninum from his body that he has started to come back to us. This was the same reiterated story from 10,000 people at this rally from ALL 50 states, Canada, Mexico and the Phillipines.

This group is not antivaccine… they are anti-toxin. The Blood Brain barrier (not fully developed until age 5) is not able to handle all these toxins at once and thus giving a child 36 vaccines before age 3 with multiple shots being given at one time is a huge gamble. This is why many countries in Europe (BTW the US is the industrialized country that most vaccinates children yet has the sickest population) are not vaccinating until age 5 after the Blood brain barrier and myelin has developed fully and children can fight off toxins better.

Read reports–not CDC reports, but the ones from the actual independent researchers–and think critically not in herd like mentality about your options.

This is not the first time in history this happens… cigarettes used to be good for you, AIDS was a “gay disease” in the early 80’s and thus blood transfusions could not possibly be the problem! Science is not infallible and it is the job of “The people” to remind our government and health care providers that we are not just mindlessly going to do what they want us to do without seriously considering all the risks associated with it.

Its not about not vaccinating… its about not getting 36 shots (when we only got 7 if you were born in 1978 or less earlier) before your body has the ability to tolerate it.

15. Najma Haider June 5, 2008 at 13:26 #

Yes please go back to data before 1978 and please see how many lives were also lost because of diseases we don’t have today. The fact that the rally had 3 doctors doesn’t change the fact that 100 million other doctors don’t share those views. Please by all means don’t read CDC websites but please follow the websites WHO recommends for vaccine safety and research and not just any websites ran by people who have no clue what they are talking about to begin with. One such example is the CHOP website (children Hospital of Philadelphia
    John Hopkin’s website will give you tons of information on vaccine safety. WHO website had recommendations as to where you should be getting your information and think CRITIICALLY as you mentioned.
    Critical thinking comes with education and the right kind of education. You go on internet and thrown vacicne in google, 9 out of 10 times you will get the wrong and misleading information. Why do I want to believe that? I would rather listen to someone who has been through proper education and that is for sure not Mr and Mrs Jim Carry.
    The fact that there is no thiomersol in any vaccines, no monkey kidnes, no chick embroys, no human cells and they still tell people that these are in there….tells you how informed they are. Taking Thiomersol out has done nothing to autism rates. You have to look at other environmental factors and not just push on vaccine as a cause. There is no proof what causes autism but most researchers believe it is genetic. But still vaccines are the main culprit some how. I know if i had an autistic child I would want answers and I would hang on to anything that seems like an answer but that doesn’t mean i am hanging on to the right answer. A mother once told me ” I will nto vaccinate my child because if he gets autism I will not forgive my self b/c it is not God given disease, I gave it to him” My question to her was Okay so if your child falls down and injures his skull and suffers from complications because you let him play on the trampoline, that is not God given injury as well, it happened because you let him play there…would you still not forgive yourself because your decision caused it to begin with”…she didnt know if she would or not. It is an analogy, brain damage due to a fall or vaccine causing autism or other neurological defects. Parents distinguish what is God given and what is not. If that is the distinguishion every injury your child gets form the day they are born, you as a parent have a huge part in it, be it you didn’t watch your child closely enough or you didn’t think anything could happen. I have not been in the shoes of an autistic childs momor dad but I have seen parents grieve over a dead child who was killed because of measles or meningitis. I have seen parents hurting for a child who is going through a tetanus ophisthtonus, you don’t ever want to witness that trust me on this one. So I have to pick my battles…I don’t want my child to be that child and then taken away from me for ever because i could have saved her or him and i didn’t try to. To me a child lost forever is worst than a child you still have in front of you, who you can hug and hold and remember how you carried him or her for 9 months and brought into the world. No mourning equals the mourning of a parent who have physically lost a child and buried it for ever.
    That is the reason I vaccinate that is my critical thinking. This is not a consipircy theory, to damage the whole new generation neurologically…what would that do for anyone? I don’t understand why people think vaccines are meant to destroy the children, where would that goal get us? Why would any one want to do that? It is just beyond comprhension to me to imagine such a huge consipracy thoery geared towards our children. Rationally thinking I have no basis to validate that so called theory and what some one would get out of such a plan but that is just me.

16. Carolina June 15, 2008 at 18:20 #

you need to research before leaving such a know it all comment. what you said “The fact that there is no thiomersol in any vaccines, no monkey kidnes, no chick embroys, no human cells and they still tell people that these are in there….” IS NOT TRUE. A YEAR AGO MY DAUGHTER ALMOST HAD A VACCINE CONTAINING THOSE INGREDIENT.
    My friend’s friend die because a vaccine.
    Most people that are against them is because have seen what it does, and we don’t earn any money for one less child.
    Also, it is giving much appraisal to vaccine for all improvement to health, when the fact at the same time technology and cleanliness improve the life style. These facts are not consider how it should.

One thing for sure, it should not be mandated what people should put inside their body.

17. Catherina June 15, 2008 at 18:40 #

Liar – there is NOT ONE country in Europe (let alone “many”) that does not vaccinate babies (often at birth for hepB and BCG, 9 weeks for DTaP).

18. Najma Haider June 15, 2008 at 18:59 #

My friend’s friend die because a vaccine.

Trust me i have done my research….there is a difference between calling something that is used in prelim stages of prepping a drug, vaccines and actually having those things in there…those are ingredients….materials used for getting by products or preping medias for growth, ARE NOT INGREDIENTS

My DD got all those vaccines too, so did many of my friend’s childrens, so did every baby in my family. Your daughter is still alive and I hope she has a long and healthy life but the fact that your friend’s friend baby died doesn’t prove that vaccines killed him or her…..I am sorry for her loss but don’t name the killer before you are sure what you are saying.

You might wanna look into the fact that chelation has actually killed children. Go try find it online b/c if i give you the link you might be saying biased link b/c you dont trust the source.

The fact that millions of babies don’t die every year is because we have vaccines. Go read the results from 11 infants dieing in a Hospital setting from diptheria a few years ago…a week ago the results were published, all 11 got Purtussis from a nurse in hospital, and DIED. I bet those parents won’t like what you have to say about vaccines. The fact that 50% of infants die of purtussis after getting it from MOM and DAD, another portion who die get it from grandparents, healthworkers and daycare workers….to you it might be all useless information but to me it just shows you as an adult can be most dangerous to your young child who is still in process of being vaccinated or selected by parents to not be vaccinated at all (based on misleading information from everywhere but where it needs to come from)…you can give purtussis to your child while breastfeeding from a cough you think is just cough, while you recover from it, your infant might not be that lucky….Because you decided you don;t need a TDaP and your kid should not be vaccinated at all.
    Unless vaccines are mandated we cannot have a healthy disease free society.
    If you dont want to vaccinate please don’t but like i said keep your kids home, homeschool them, don;t make my child an unwilling victim and jeoperdize her health with your decision because that is selfish and inconsiderate to do in the least.
    We don;t need people making a public health disaster for our kids…so please by all means dont vaccinate, sign exemptions but be civil enough to not risk my kids lives with your personal decision.

19. Krystal June 17, 2008 at 18:42 #

The rate of autism in non-vaccinated communities is a far cry lower than that in communities that vaccinate. That’s long gone been accepted. However, the vaccinating communiting wants to find “other reasons” for that, such as lifestyle, eating habits, etc. Funny how these communities see a surge in autism though once they start vaccinating…

Both sides can argue all they want, but there are a few facts that cannot be disputed. In the U.S. the medical community told us for years and years that live vaccines were safe. There was a group of people who argued that they were not safe and that killed vaccines should be used instead. A lot of people fighting for this change were/are against vaccines personally, but wanted the ones being used to at least be safe.

All the talk shows had medical professionals on to say that the lay people were wrong.

Well, guess what? After over a DECADE of the medical community telling us we were idiots, it came out that live vaccines were indeed dangerous and that killed vaccines were much safer. That was the exact same thing WE’D been saying while they told us we didn’t know what we were talking about.

The mercury content has been lowered the same way. *WE* didn’t know what we were talking about because the medical community said it was a safe level. You know, until they finally figured out it WASN’T a safe level and that kids were being hurt.

Look, Dr. Salk, known as the Father of Vaccines, spent the last ten years of his life saying that there were too many vaccines and that vaccines should only be used in during times of outbreak lest A-typical versions be created.

We had an outbreak of whooping cough in my area 1 1/2 years ago. All those vaccinated children were being mis-diagnosed with allergies and asthma and put on unneccesary medications. There was also an outbreak in England with the same misdiagnosis. In our area the strange cough no on could diagnose started in early October. I got it in January (I’m fully vaccinated). One child got it in late Feb, the other three in March. We were in the ER with doctors telling us how their own children had had it and they couldn’t identify it.

Finally my doctor suggested checking for whooping cough. VOILA! The health dept was THRILLED someone finally figured it out.

My point? That our children are the only non-vaccinated ones in our school system. They were the LAST ones to get it. And they had the most mild cases. They didn’t get it from us, we got it from them. The vaccines don’t even work anyway!

I don’t care if other people want to vaccinate. I truly don’t. If I lived in an area where I could pick and choose, I’d get my children the tetnus shot. Unfortunately, if I do that they have to get everything. I’ve seen first hand the dangers vaccines pose. My cousin was PERFECTLY normal…until they started vaccinating her. She had severe convulsions and lost her fine motor skills. She stopped crawling, making noises, etc, within days of her vaccines. She is now severely retarded and needs 24/7 care for the rest of her life.

A friend’s daughter was given that vaccine that was suppose to protect babies from some intestinal ailment. Her daughter was one of the thousands whose kidneys shut down and nearly died as a direct result. My friend had to give her SIX MONTH OLD INFANT part of one her kidneys so the baby wouldn’t die. Got that? Her daughter had to have a kidney transplant at the age of six months because of a vaccine that the medical community said was safe. The vaccine was pulled within a few months.

Vaccines are NOT as safe as they want you to believe. They never have been. There is proof that the medical community has been wrong about their safety many times.

So what. Jenny use a bad word. Well, yeah, good for her. Her child was hurt and as the mother of a special needs child, I understand how she feels when people tell her that she doesn’t know her own child and that she doesn’t when her child change.

Instead of berating those out there, you should be supporting them. It’s only because of people like Jenny that the medical community is held to check at all. It is because of people like Jenny your vaccines are killed version instead of the more dangerous live versions. It is becaue of people like Jenny your vaccines have lower mercury levels.

It’s because of people like Jenny that your vaccines are safer now and will continue to become even more safe. Aren’t you glad SHE’S looking out for YOUR children?

20. Nether-Lands June 17, 2008 at 18:59 #

Well, it’s been accepted by a small minority of people who read Dan Olmsted news articles and, now, blog posts.

When she represents herself, she can swear like a sailor (and has) for all I care. When she purports to represent the “autism community” she can keep a lid on it.

Can you point us all to a reliable source that “thousands” of babies are having their kidneys shut down due to vaccinations?

I don’t have the time and energy to go through your entire post. Once people start posting falsehoods, why bother with the rest? You started in your first few sentences with the idea that unvaccinated have less autism (if that were known, why would people be calling for the study?) and moved right along.

You even conclude with a totally unsupported statement:

Huh?

What substantial change has happened in vaccines due to the actions of Jenny McCarthy?

Keep in mind, I am not berating you. Your ideas, yes. Your belief that posting incorrect information (whether you got it from someplace or created it yourself), yes. You, no.

Have a nice day.

21. Kev June 17, 2008 at 19:12 #

Nice uninformed rant Crystal – want to try a bit of science with your opinion? Cos at the moment you’re about as convincing as Bill Clinton at a whore house.

22. Krystal June 19, 2008 at 04:15 #

I said because of people like Jenny, meaning people who tell the world about the lack of safety in vaccines, changes have been made in the vaccines. Want proof? Fine. I had to do all the research because I use to support vaccines and even vaccinated my first child. I did the research to prove non-vaccinating parents that they were wrong. Instead, I discovered I was wrong. So here’s you a link that will support that (a) there is a higher rate of autism among vaccinated persons as a direct result of vaccines containing mercury, (b) vaccines were changed because of their dangerous content, (c) the change in the vaccines brought about a 35% decline in the autism rate among vaccinated children and (d) the safety of vaccines is a serious question since adverse reactions are “vastly under-reported”. With basic simple logic it can thus be concluded that (e) non-vaccinating communities have a lower autism rate since the increase was caused by the vaccines to begin with. Just a few quotes. Feel free to read the entire article.

From Medical News Today Autism Rates Drop After Mercury Removed From Childhood Vaccines “An article in the March 10, 2006 issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons shows that since mercury was removed from childhood vaccines, the alarming increase in reported rates of autism and other neurological disorders (NDs) in children not only stopped, but actually dropped sharply – by as much as 35%”

The concern about vaccines may actually be underrated, as it is generally acknowledged that the voluntary reporting of such disorders has resulted in vast underreporting of new cases. For example, the Iowa state legislature banned thimerosal from all vaccines administered there after it documented a 700-fold increase in that state alone. California followed suit, and 32 states are considering doing so.

The cumulative amount of mercury being given to children in this number of vaccines would be an amount 187 times the EPA daily exposure limit.

Between 1989 and 2003, there has been an explosion of autism. The incidence of autism (and other related disorders) went from about 1 in 2,500 children to 1 in every 166. Currently there are more than a half million children in the U.S. that have autism. This disorder has devastated families.

What was that you said again? Oh yeah, “Your belief that posting incorrect information (whether you got it from someplace or created it yourself), yes.” And accusing me of posting “falsehoods.” This information, from anon-biased medical news reporting source using government stats and info from the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons took me less than sixty seconds to find.

I was not meaning to say it was okay for her to swear. I personally do not swear. I was simply meaning to state that I understand why she would. I had a doctor tell me for 2 years my child could hear and refused to send him to a specialist. Turned out he was actually 95% deaf. I had a couple other doctors tell me my son didn’t have any other problems and accuse me of MBP. Turned out that after eight years of fighting, I was right. My son has Asperger’s. I understand why she’d want to swear at a doctor that would tell her she didn’t know her own child. When I get angry, frustration and upset. We all have our ways of getting things out of our systems. Her way of freeing her frustration is cursing (not the most lady like thing to do…).

I have to research the name of the vaccine. It was in the late 1990’s. Her doctor told her the large number of harmed children. She was given a settlement, along with the other families of the harmed children. Her daughter was among the worse. The kidney transplants were rare. Most of them had their kidneys start functioning with medical intervention. A large number were left with permanent damage. Within a couple months it was on the news the vaccine had been discontinued due to kidney damage in children. I will have to research the name. I’ve lost contact with the friend and can’t simply ask.

I noticed you didn’t mention my retarded cousin. Her family is one that receives money from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program for the damages done to her from the vaccines. Oh, wait, I’m sure this program is something I created. I mean, vaccines are too safe for there to be a need for such a program.

1. It’s Not So Hard to Be Green - April 23, 2008

[...] it’s not so hard to go green (though this greening our vaccine thing seems to be stretching the notion of “green” just a bit). Certainly we appreciate the [...]

2. Autism Blog - A quiet concession | Left Brain/Right Brain - June 3, 2008

[...] we have people asking to “Green Our Vaccines“.  The “Green Our Vaccines” idea is a very cute way to mask the typical ”epidemic” speech.  But it [...]

3. blog-thing : Green Our Vaccines - June 3, 2008

[...] so that children receive less vaccines and get them later in life. But according to Kev over on Left Brain/Right Brain Jenny went on the record with this gem; I am surely not going to tell anyone to vaccinate. But if I [...]

4. Autism Blog - Green Our Vaccines - the reality | Left Brain/Right Brain - June 4, 2008

[...] Me Kristina Chew PalMD Kristina Chew (again) Ginny Hughes Mike Stanton Orac Liz Ditz “Orac (again) and again! [...]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,097 other followers