Vaccine gestapo song lyrics–fact or fiction?

18 May

I don’t do polls as a rule, but it’s time to test some boundaries. Below are song lyrics. I’d like honest answers:

a) Sullivan made these up
b) Someone else made them up as a spoof on vaccine-refusers
c) These are serious lyrics and will be used in an upcoming vaccine choice rally

They have swastikas on their shoulders
They’re such patriotic soldiers
They’re like a militia in Montana
They’re a government agency in Atlanta

Vaccine gestapo! Vaccine gestapo!
Vaccine gestapo! Vaccine gestapo!

They’re a medical military priesthood
Just like Adolf they preach the greater good
Consciencious objectors are just little snot
Why don’t you quit complaining and go get your shots

Vaccine gestapo! Vaccine gestapo!
Vaccine gestapo! Vaccine gestapo!

can we see your papers
Have you had all your shots?
your papers please, your papers please
Have you had all your shots?
They’re got a one track mind of domination
They say vaccines are your obligation
If a bad reaction turns you into a vegetable,
They’ll sneer and tell you you’re expendable

Vaccine gestapo! Vaccine gestapo!
Vaccine gestapo! Vaccine gestapo!
Vaccine gestapo!

About these ads

15 Responses to “Vaccine gestapo song lyrics–fact or fiction?”

1. ANB May 18, 2010 at 23:03 #

Montana doesn’t rhyme with Atlanta. Everybody knows that. You made this up.

2. Margaret Romao Toigo May 19, 2010 at 00:07 #

You made ‘em up!

But, then again, knowing just how kooky some anti-vaxers can be, I would not be at all surprised if this “Vaccine Gestapo” song turned out to be for real.

I am re-Tweeting…

3. Prometheus May 19, 2010 at 00:08 #

How about:

[D] These lyrics are an attempt by irresponsible peripubescent hackers to make the AutismOne/GenerationRescue revival meeting organizers and their sponsors look like a bunch of idiots.

I mean, really, would any group of sane adults willingly associate their movement with lyrics like these?

Come on – it has to be a joke! Not even Jenny McC is that dense.

Prometheus

4. Science Mom May 19, 2010 at 01:34 #

I just listened to ‘vaccine gestapo’ and I have no words. Yes, I’ve been stunned into silence, gaping mouth and all.

5. Joseph May 19, 2010 at 02:29 #

It’s more disturbing than I would expect a Poe to be. So I’d say it’s real. But I don’t think anyone will seriously consider using them.

6. Riayn May 19, 2010 at 03:45 #

Without even seeing Sullivan’s comment, I knew that these lyrics were real. The anti-vaccine movements knows no bounds when trying to spread its message of fear and ignorance to vulnerable parents.

7. Dawn May 19, 2010 at 12:20 #

Sorry, can’t answer. I read Orac before LBRB today, so knew the answer before ever reading the post!

8. Michelle May 19, 2010 at 15:39 #

Oh, it is real alright…you can hear Vaccine Gestapo as well as two others on Jenny’s rally page. Unbelievable!

9. Kev May 19, 2010 at 17:14 #

Nice website Michelle :)

10. brent May 27, 2010 at 13:55 #

montana does rhyme with atlanna.

when have you ever heard an american pronounce that second t?

11. AutismNewsBeat May 27, 2010 at 16:21 #

I heard Belkin at the Grant Park rally yesterday. During the sound check, he sang a few bars of his latest work in progress – “Vaccines Über Alles” I’m not kidding.

12. Jonesy June 5, 2010 at 23:01 #

He ISN’T kidding about “Vaccines Uber Alles”. Christ, I heard that one too.

1. Tweets that mention Autism Blog - Vaccine gestapo song lyrics–fact or fiction? « Left Brain/Right Brain -- Topsy.com - May 18, 2010

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kev. Kev said: Vaccine gestapo song lyrics–fact or fiction?: I don’t do polls as a rule, but it’s time to test some … http://bit.ly/bLhAKT [...]

2. My Day at an Anti-Vaccination Rally | Friendly Atheist - July 12, 2011

[...] — really just one guy (Michael Belkin) who sings along to a recording (serious!). The lyrics are here. Not only is it a terrible song but at the rally he played this song while mothers danced with [...]