Sullivan to attend IMFAR

27 Apr

I have written in the past that I will be attending IMFAR, the International Meeting For Autism Research. I will be supported by a stakeholder travel grant from the Autism Science Foundation, for which I am very grateful. What I haven’t mentioned before is that I was planning to attend IMFAR even before applying for the stakeholder grant. I’ve been planning on attending since I submitted an abstract.

That abstract was briefly, and mistakenly, posted online so I chose that time to acknowledge my identity. As it turns out the abstracts are still under embargo and, as such, I have pulled the remainder of this article. I will repost once the embargo is lifted.

About these ads

7 Responses to “Sullivan to attend IMFAR”

1. Visitor April 27, 2011 at 11:16 #

So we should be looking for Offit, B in the program. You can’t hide from us Bonnie.

2. Catherina April 27, 2011 at 13:45 #

Sullivan – thank you for posting your abstract. I hope you get loads of traffic at your poster (and not just folk wanting a lock of your gorgeous fur).

I wonder what the percentage is of typically developing children that actually go to college in relation to their parents’ expectations.

3. Rene Najera April 27, 2011 at 16:49 #

Alright. Now I’m confused. Who really is Bonnie Offit? :-p

Remember, Matt… $100 to an autism foundation of your choice if Handley doesn’t move the goalposts or doesn’t back away from his promise.

4. Chris April 27, 2011 at 17:42 #

Alright. Now I’m confused. Who really is Bonnie Offit? :-p

A pediatrician in Pennsylvania?

• Sullivan April 27, 2011 at 18:00 #

Rene Najera,

I’m tempted to tell you that the charity would be Generation Rescue, just to show that I too feel there is about zero chance of Mr. Handley making good on his promise.

Notice that he didn’t promise me anything? Sure, I’d be glad to see him hand over “pauloffit dot com” and stop his attacks, but what was in this for me?

In case he’s waiting–here’s an open message to Mr. Handley: Do you intend to make good on your commitment, as stated in your blog post?
      And, an open message to Dan Olmsted: You are editor of a blog which has a post in need of a correction. I would greatly appreciate it if you were to post a correction to the Bonnie Offit post.

5. Liz Ditz April 27, 2011 at 18:17 #

Since the conversation has moved over here: Now it can be revealed: Sullivan’s true identity,and time for J.B. Handley to make good on his promise.

Clock’s ticking, Mr. Handley.

6. Rose April 27, 2011 at 20:18 #

I thought the same as Catherina. College is a somewhat an elite notion.

I’ve no doubt that the lable of autism/PDD/Aspergers could retrospectively apply to 1 in 3 people, depending on how critical the parameters. In my family, I see 4 out of 10 children on the spectrum…