Sullivan outs himself

27 Apr

Back in 2010, Age of Autism’s Inspector Clouseau, summed up the following about Sullivan:

1) Female
2) American
3) A doctor or scientist
4) Not the parent of an autistic child.
5) Is actually Paul Offit’s wife Bonnie.

And followed up with this promise:

If you can produce a dad with a child with autism with a remarkable grasp of the medical and scientific literature who blogs under the name Sullivan, a man who has an inordinate grasp of the details of your husband’s patents, lawsuits, published studies, and web habits, I will make sure that the pauloffit.com website is given to you and your husband for good.

In fact, if you can produce this father, I promise to never, ever publicly write about or utter the name “Paul Offit” again.

As blogged by Sullivan, he will be attending IMFAR as a contributor:

I have written in the past that I will be attending IMFAR, the International Meeting For Autism Research. I will be supported by a stakeholder travel grant from the Autism Science Foundation, for which I am very grateful. What I haven’t mentioned before is that I was planning to attend IMFAR even before applying for the stakeholder grant. I’ve been planning on attending since I submitted an abstract: Parent Reported Status and Expectations for Their Autistic Student Children: An Analysis of the 2007 National Household Education Survey.

The abstract in question is:

Parent Reported Status and Expectations for Their Autistic Student Children: An Analysis of the 2007 National Household Education Survey. M. J. Carey

M.J. Carey, of course being LB/RB’s own Matt Carey.

So, now we turn back to JB Handley – are you ready to both hand over both the domain and your word to never mention in word or speech the name Paul Offit again JB?

About these ads

25 Responses to “Sullivan outs himself”

1. Visitor April 27, 2011 at 14:02 #

I fear that Mr Handley’s pledge is likely to go the way of “show me the proof that HIV causes Aids” or “show me an unvaccinated person with autism”.

2. Stuart Duncan April 27, 2011 at 14:15 #

Actual footage of JB Handley logic in action:

3. Dave Seidel April 27, 2011 at 14:43 #

Handley will probably ask for a birth certificate.

4. Rene Najera April 27, 2011 at 14:44 #

I have made a bet with Matt that I will donate $100 to an autism research foundation of his choice if JB Handley DOES NOT move the goalposts or back out of his promise. In the spirit of the NFL draft, Mr. Handley is on the clock…

5. Sniffer April 27, 2011 at 14:46 #

Dear All,

When did the disclosure of names come into existance including the name Sullivan?I cant imagine it being years ago.So much on the web on who Sullivan is .

Sincerely

Sniffer

6. brian April 28, 2011 at 02:19 #

Sullivan, it’s so nice that you can openly rub Handley’s face in it, now that it’s clear that you are exactly who you say you are.

Meanwhile, I have to go get dinner ready for my hubby; he’s had a hard day raking in the millions after he voted himself rich with his his pig-virus-infected, totally unnecessary vaccine.

• Sullivan April 28, 2011 at 05:17 #

Brian,

I keep re reading your comment and laughing.

7. David N. Brown April 28, 2011 at 06:53 #

As I recall, Handley also “reasoned” that figures on Offitt’s Rotateq royalty made available at LBRB must have come from Offitt’s staff. I had, in fact, personally calculated the figures and THEN I received a statement from Offitt confirming the numbers.

Also, @Brian: Let’s go over this: Paul Offitt owns the patent on RotaTEQ. The vaccine he voted to approve was RotaSHIELD, and the vaccine which was found to have pig virus contaminants was RotaRIX.

8. hj April 28, 2011 at 07:20 #

I agree with Dave :)

9. Sniffer April 28, 2011 at 12:02 #

Dear All,

I posted on lbrb days ago on this .This outing proves nothing.When were the names on the “outing” registered before or after the AOA blog by Handly which I just read a week or so ago thanks to lbrb.

Sincerely

Sniffer

10. Kev April 28, 2011 at 14:28 #

About 3 days ago. Whats your point?

11. sharon April 29, 2011 at 06:03 #

Geez Sullivan is bigger than the Beatles (or should that be Justin Beiber) on the interwebs at the moment. What a hoot!

12. Neuroskeptic April 29, 2011 at 07:57 #

Don’t worry. I’m sure an Age of Autism post explaining why they were right after all will appear shortly.

They never lose interest in stuff as soon as it becomes clear they’ve lost the argument, and pretend it never happened.

Nope.

13. Sniffer April 29, 2011 at 10:34 #

Dear Neuro,

You don`t need me to spell out the obvious on a list that was conjured 3 days ago?

How long since the JB article has that taken to formulize?

Yours Sincerely

Sniffer

• Kev April 29, 2011 at 11:52 #

Sniffer,

The list has been in existence for years. Matt’s name was added to it a few days ago. I ask again – whats your point?

14. Rebecca Fisher April 29, 2011 at 11:02 #

Interestingly, there’s a post now at AoA.

I suspect, of course that JBH will start referring to Dr Offit as “He Who Must Not Be Named” or something – but we’ll see.

Kind regards,

Becky

15. Sniffer April 29, 2011 at 22:41 #

Dear Kev

Could you ask Matt Carey why he felt it ok to use his real name on his own blog but now that he is blogging for LBRB, suddenly he doesn’t?

It seems that there was an old Matt Carey and a new one ,the old was pro finding a cure for autism and the new one on here has frankly ,two hopes for curing autism and one is Bob Hope and the other is No hope.

Sincerely

Sniffer

• Sullivan April 30, 2011 at 00:30 #

Sniffer,

• Sullivan April 30, 2011 at 00:47 #

Sniffer,

I have never used my real name on a blog before now. I have let people know privately that I was blogging. Odd thing to say: no hope. If there were no hope for improving the lives of autistics, what would be the purpose of research?

16. Andrew April 30, 2011 at 01:55 #

Sullivan: In the antivax world, if autism isn’t caused by vaccines, life has no meaning, God doesn’t exist, and chocolate is no longer tasty. Truly a world of no hope.

Fortunately in the real world, hope exists for all autistic children to live better lives. On behalf on my son, I thank you for your efforts in improving his life.

17. Andrew April 30, 2011 at 02:01 #

Sullivan: For some people “hope” means “Vaccines cause autism”. On behalf of my son, I thank you for your efforts at improving the lives of autistic people, even if it means “no hope” by some definitions.

(P.S. My previous, slightly different version of this post apparently didn’t go through – if I get a duplicate post out of this, I apologize.

• Sullivan April 30, 2011 at 02:06 #

Andrew,

thanks for the good words. Thanks for pointing out that one of your comments got caught in spam. I fished it out, but I can delete it again if you think it is too duplicatative.

18. Andrew April 30, 2011 at 02:08 #

I don’t mind the duplication – I wonder what triggered the spam warning on the first one, though?

19. Club 166 May 25, 2011 at 21:38 #

I wonder what triggered the spam warning on the first one, though?

I think the spam filter is set up such that it analyzes word content, and spits out anything it thinks was written by Bonnie Offit. :)

Sullivan,

Thanks for your voice out there.

Joe

1. Sullivan reveals he’s not Bonnie Offit and J.B. Handley must never mention Paul Offit again « Skepacabra - April 28, 2011

[...] But now Sullivan has outed himself, revealing he is none other than Matt Carey…who I’ve never even heard of. He’s an industrial researcher in computer hardware and has an autistic child. So Handley failed on almost every possible level. [...]