California suspends Mark Geier’s medical license

10 Aug

California is the fifth state to suspend the medical license of a Maryland physician who chemically castrates disabled children. Mark Geier, who operates ASD Centers, is still licensed in six other states: Hawaii, Florida, Missouri, New Jersey, Kentucky and Illinois.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Illinois has scheduled a preliminary hearing on Geier’s license for Aug. 22. The story hints that the Missouri Healing Arts Board may be investigating Geier as well:

A doctor who is disciplined in another state is also subject to discipline in Missouri and Illinois. A spokesman for the Missouri healing arts board would not confirm an investigation of Geier, whose license is active.

Mark Geier and his son, David, reportedly received a standing ovation from anti-vaccine activists at May’s cult-like AutismOne conference. But few in the movement have publicly defended their actions.

Four other states have suspended or revoked Geier’s privileges since April 27, when his home state of Maryland took action against him. Washington followed on May 26, then Virginia on June 9. On June 29, Indiana issued an emergency 90-day suspension, citing the Maryland action.

About these ads

6 Responses to “California suspends Mark Geier’s medical license”

1. Liz Ditz August 10, 2011 at 22:06 #

I can’t get trackbacks to work. State by state scorecard:

2. MikeMa August 11, 2011 at 00:04 #

A lovely and clearly needed step in improving children’s health. Sadly this will be in opposition to parents too stupid or desperate to seek real help for their kids. Long overdue.

3. la tigre della malora August 20, 2011 at 14:51 #

Hi to all, I am an Italian blogger (excuse me for my english) which is VERY happy about this news. I’d like to share some links about Geier & Geier: http://tinyurl.com/43qxxvy (Order for Summary Suspension of License to Practice Medicine) and http://tinyurl.com/3w3wk8r

4. Vincent Iannelli, MD August 20, 2011 at 21:29 #

I’m not sure if it really did expire or if they suspended him and didn’t mark it appropriately, but he doesn’t have a license in New Jersey anymore.

I did notice an active license in Texas yesterday, which isn’t surprising, since he has a clinic in North Texas.

5. subliminal quotes October 29, 2013 at 08:56 #

ve been the one against the three plus your seduction date
    has likely ended with out a seduction. But if you want to get them to make a move from their fear,
    the initial reaction of backing off is unquestionably not the
    reaction to fear that you simply want. It is very important to know the actual subliminal
    product you seek to purchase and also the file format you comfortable with.

6. webpage December 19, 2013 at 02:28 #

My family members every time say that I am wasting my time here at net, except I know I
    am getting familiarity daily by reading thes pleasant content.