12 Jun

Over at Emma’s Hope Book a mother has done something very brave: made a public apology for a mistake.

How I Made a Mistake and Was Given The Opportunity to Say I’m Sorry

She starts by quoting her daughter:

“You put the toast in the basement. That made me sad.” Emma stared at me expectantly.

I drew in a breath. My chest felt tight. I knew exactly what she was referring to. We’ve had similar conversations, but she’s never said it so directly.

The article is sad but wonderful. I can’t pull excerpts without destroying the beauty of the story, so I urge you to follow the link and read the rest.

About these ads

6 Responses to “A brave parent speaks: How I Made a Mistake and Was Given The Opportunity to Say I’m Sorry”

1. Broken Link June 12, 2012 at 12:30 #

Thank you Sullivan for posting that lovely story. All the biomeddlers should read it.

2. Autismum June 13, 2012 at 00:09 #

It’s such a poignant post. I was choked up reading it.

3. Science Mom June 13, 2012 at 03:20 #

That was a wonderful post and I really needed to hear that. I left a comment there and thanks for sharing it here.

4. arianezurcher June 14, 2012 at 17:06 #

Thank you LBRB for posting my piece on your site. So many of your readers have weighed in with thoughtful and kind comments. I appreciate every single one of them.

5. VMGillen June 14, 2012 at 18:11 #

May I suggest that the person who presented the GFCF diet to this mom also owes an apology?

6. Mulberry Vesker På Nett April 5, 2013 at 08:39 #