Hating Sanity: My Very Own Sockpuppet

13 Mar

Someone (and its really not hard to guess who) has created a little sockpuppet site for me. Whomever (ahem) it is has also started sprinkling the blogosphere with spicy comments from ‘me’.

How cool is this? Someone (ahem) is worried enough about what I say to start a whole new blog to sockpuppet me!

I could get annoyed about such a thing but really, we have to look at it this way – I must be making a much bigger impression on someone (ahem) then I thought I was. Enough for them to be really worried about the success I’m having in getting through to people.

But lets not ruin the possible fun here. Lets have a bit of a Cluedo type blog post to work out the suspects….who is ‘kev’????

Is it:

a) JB Handley?

Evidence for: He’s got form for trying to coerce people to his beliefs. He’s also good for a bit of name-calling.
Evidence against: Probably knows I wouldn’t be anything but amused.

b) SueM?

Evidence for: Has the wit.
Evidence against: Lacks the motivation.

c) John Best Jr?

Evidence for? Has been repeatedly made to look foolish by a myriad of people on his own blog and other peoples but as I have adopted a position of purposefully getting in his face, I’ve probably stuck in his brain longer than most. Possibly because I continually post his racist (equates Muslims to terrorists), homophobic (believes homosexuality is a perversion which can be cured by a dose of ‘self-respect’) illogic (believes autism was invented by Eli Lilly in 1931) back in his face.

Lately I pointed out to Joseph that attempting rational debate with John was useless. His two crowning moments for me were when he said that there was no autism in China prior to 1999 (whereupon he was deluged with comments pointing to the many studies that predate 1990, let alone ’99 in China) and that autism didn’t exist before 1931 (whereupon I pointed out the diagnosis for case studies stretching back to the 1880’s) and it was at this point that I referred to him as ‘spectacularly stupid’ by which I meant that I was occasionally in literal awe of how stupid he truly was.

Evidence against: Can someone that stupid have a mildly amusing idea like this?

d) Sigourney Weaver?

Evidence for: Took umbrage at my post disagreeing with her statement that autism is a gift. Also annoyed that I confessed to lusting after Gillian Anderson and Geena Davis as well as her.

Evidence against: Is quite obviously in love with me.

So there we have it. Put on your deerstalkers, sniff your class A narcotic of choice, play the stringed instrument you like the best, indulge in a same sex relationship and claim its platonic, be insufferably condescending all the time and inspire lots of really good black and white movies starring Basil Rathbone.

103 Responses to “Hating Sanity: My Very Own Sockpuppet”

  1. Kev March 16, 2006 at 20:04 #

    And so we come back to square one. Lets go round again shall we?

    And you know this how?

  2. Because it's obvious ... March 16, 2006 at 20:13 #

    Kev wrote:

    “And so we come back to square one. Lets go round again shall we?

    And you know this how”?

    – I know that you would like that Kev. Your blog is a bit of a bore without someone with common sense speaking up. Whack a mole if you will. If I was on a group of individuals with intelligence AND an open mind, I might try again, here… no thanks…

    -Sue M.

  3. clone3g March 16, 2006 at 20:37 #

    Yeah Soo,
    Walk us through it again. Pretty please?

    Who are these susceptible kids and how are they susceptible? How is this susceptibility exploited by mercury in such a way that any quantity will apparently cause them all to be autistic at stable rates?

    Is it the glutathione or methylation pathway polymorphisms? The Apolipoprotein alleles like your Best buddy claims, or is it a dysferlin deficiency like you would expect in SJL/J mice?

    Where are these kids and how do you know they are susceptible or made autistic by a vaccine?

  4. Kev March 16, 2006 at 20:42 #

    Try _again_ ?

    When did you try before?

    I have open mind enough to tell you that I have not ruled out the possibility that mercury might cause autism. I have open mind enough to tell you that I’m glad thiomersal is no longer in widespread use.

    How about you Sue?

    Are you open minded enough to say that you have not ruled out the possibility that mercury bears no part in causing autism?

    Does thiomersal in vaccines or the MMR cause autism? Simple question. You say ‘yes’ and yet have consistently failed to produce anything credible to back that up. I say ‘no’ and have study after study debunking the so called autism epidemic (necessary for the thiomersal theory) and actively refuting the idea of any connection. There is proof that autism existed before thiomersal was in vaccines and yet there is no evidence whatsoever to back up the idea that the prevalence rate of autism is falling now thiomersal is out of mainstream use.

    There are so many questions about how mercury could even _begin_ to start producing the symptoms of autism or how the alleged cure (chelation) could not only remove the mercury but reverse the neural damage that I’m afraid these people you say have been fighting it for years have been doing a spectacularly poor job. The closest we come is JB in his recurrng role as the boy who cried wolf telling us every so often that we’ll have all the proof we need ‘in a few months’ and then ‘a few months’ pass, nothing happens and along he comes again, sounding more and more whacko and desperate each time.

    Doesn’t it worry you that David Kirby and JFK Rr, alongside the Geier’s are what I might charitably call economical with the truth?

    Doesn’t it bother you that the only studies that can support your theories are constructed from data so bad that its essentially meaningless?

    Doesn’t it bother you that the leaders of the ‘science’ in your campaign use a drug like Lupron and are actively testing it on pubescent children?

    Doesn’t it bother you that John Best Junior is sounding less and less like a lone fundie psycho every day and that the reason for that is that the rest of you are all moving inexorably towards his extremism?

    It really should but I’m betting it doesn’t.

  5. Because it's obvious ... March 16, 2006 at 21:10 #

    Kev wrote:

    “Doesn’t it worry you that David Kirby and JFK Rr, alongside the Geier’s are what I might charitably call economical with the truth”?

    – Prove it.

    Kev wrote:

    “Doesn’t it bother you that the only studies that can support your theories are constructed from data so bad that its essentially meaningless”?

    – Think Danish studies.

    Kev wrote:

    “Doesn’t it bother you that the leaders of the ‘science’ in your campaign use a drug like Lupron and are actively testing it on pubescent children”?

    – Think thimerosal.

    Kev wrote:

    “Doesn’t it bother you that John Best Junior is sounding less and less like a lone fundie psycho every day and that the reason for that is that the rest of you are all moving inexorably towards his extremism”?

    – Think Camille Clark.

    As you can see Kev, there is a lot that we will never be in agreement about. The best that we can hope for is more research to be done and answers to important questions to be addressed. We (this blog and the “debaters” in this mess) need help answering important questions. The more you shy away from those questions or answer with “They lie” or “They are rich” (as if that matters), the sillier you look. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people on this site who are hoping and praying that the autism numbers DO NOT GO DOWN at the end of this quarter. Sad, but true.

    -Sue M.

  6. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 16, 2006 at 21:35 #

    How pathetic 😛

    >—–

    Talkin ’bout my generation

    Mercury is all around (rescuing a generation)
    In teeth and hair it can be found (rescuing a generation)
    People think what they are t-t-told (rescuing a generation)
    Your science-speak is g-g-gettin’ old (rescuing a generation)

    This is hype generation
    This is hype generation, babies

    Why don’t you all key-key-late (trans-dermal chelation)
    And buy some more D-M-SA (bankrupting a generation)
    We’re just trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (rescuing a generation)
    I’m just rescuing a whole g-g-g-generation (rescuing degeneration)

    This is hype generation
    This is hype generation, babies

    Why don’t you all drop R-N-A (Yasko has the formulation)
    And don’t try to*#@& what the %$*# we s-s-say (talkin’ ’bout some denigration)
    I’m just trying to save the whole damn n-n-nation (talkin’ ’bout my own damnation)
    By placin’ ads in p-p-publications (talkin’ ’bout child exploitation)

    This is hype generation
    This is hype generation, babies

    Conspiracies and plots abound (callin’ for investigation)
    Government can’t keep us d-d-down (rescuing a generation)
    David Kirby’s books are s-s-sold (documenting veneration)
    Yeah, I hope they rot and gather mold (media for cultivation)

    This is hype generation
    This is tripe generation, babies

    >—-

  7. clone3g March 16, 2006 at 21:51 #

    LOL!! That’s hilarious David.

  8. Kev March 16, 2006 at 22:23 #

    _”– Prove it.”_

    David Kirby lied when he said he wasn’t happy with the NYT piece. Both reporters confirmed he agreed to the text.

    RFK Jr and The Geiers either recently invented time travel or the indulged in complicity to pre-empt results which are now seriously under investigation.

    _“Think Danish studies”_

    I asked you once to tell me _exactly_ what your problem was with the Danish studies and you never replied. Be that as it may, lets assume you’re right and they’re totally flawed – what about the _non_ – Danish studies?

    _”Think thimerosal.”_

    Lupron is a hormonal suppresant – it _will_ affect pubescent children both physically, chemically and probably emotionally. Thats established fact – thats what Lupron is designed to do. Thiomersal on the other hand, has no established role in causing autism. Thats what we’re debating.

    _”Think Camille Clark.”_

    Maybe you’d like to show me examples of Camille’s racism, homophobia, hatred for non-autistics, misogyny and general bigotry. Just so we can compare and contrast. We both know I can provide you with numerous examples of all those behaviours from your friend.

    _”The best that we can hope for is more research to be done and answers to important questions to be addressed.”_

    Why? According to you, you already know – you said in response to Clones question: “Do childhood vaccines trigger autism in a certain group of children”?

    _”– Of course they do, Clone.”_

    Your ego answered all your own questions a long time ago Sue. Don’t pretend to be interested in science when your stance so far has been to brush aside science with the sort of crap the Geiers peddle.

    _”The more you shy away from those questions or answer with “They lie” or “They are rich” (as if that matters), the sillier you look.”_

    What questions have I shied away from Sue? Feel free to ask them again.

    _”In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people on this site who are hoping and praying that the autism numbers DO NOT GO DOWN at the end of this quarter. Sad, but true.”_

    What autism numbers Sue?

  9. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 16, 2006 at 23:03 #

    clone3g: “LOL!! That’s hilarious David.”

    It’s on John the Bastard’s attempt at a blog….

    Why’d he (KC) have to fuck my favourite Who song up?????

  10. Because it's obvious ... March 16, 2006 at 23:13 #

    Kev wrote:

    “David Kirby lied when he said he wasn’t happy with the NYT piece. Both reporters confirmed he agreed to the text”.

    – You are still up in arms about that, Kev? That was not a big deal at all. He may (or may not) have told you (the almighty Kev) the entire story. Big deal. Is that the only lie that you have on David Kirby? How about something of substance?

    Kev wrote:

    “RFK Jr and The Geiers either recently invented time travel or the indulged in complicity to pre-empt results which are now seriously under investigation”.

    – Hey, perfect. The results are now seriously under investigation? That is great news. Did you think that I would be upset with that? No, not at all.

    Kev wrote:

    “Thiomersal on the other hand, has no established role in causing autism. Thats what we’re debating”.

    – Whether or not it triggers autism has yet to be proven to your satisfaction… it is an unsafe preservative which should not be injected into babies. Common sense tells me that. It seems like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth when you knock Lupron (possibly for good reason) but seem to give a pass to thimerosal.

    Kev wrote:

    “Maybe you’d like to show me examples of Camille’s racism, homophobia, hatred for non-autistics, misogyny and general bigotry. Just so we can compare and contrast. We both know I can provide you with numerous examples of all those behaviours from your friend”.

    – Kev, if that is what you were talking about above in regards to JB Jr’s “extremism” than you should have been more clear. I foolishly thought that you were discussing their beliefs/opinions on thimerosal/autism.

    Kev wrote:

    “Why? According to you, you already know”.

    – Because there are others who don’t already know… hello.

    Kev wrote:

    “Don’t pretend to be interested in science when your stance so far has been to brush aside science with the sort of crap the Geiers peddle”.

    – I am interested in the science, Kev. It’s just that “your side” doesn’t have any good science to refute the theory. Or if you do, show me.

    Once again, this has been fun but this back and forth about the same old crap is getting old… again. I see that you needed the attention, though, Kev. Things really do get boring around here without “us”.

    -Sue M.

  11. Champagne, Kevin March 16, 2006 at 23:16 #

    David wrote,

    Why’d he (KC) have to fuck my favourite Who song up?????

    I fucked your favorite song up? I am not John Best.

  12. Bartholomew Cubbins March 16, 2006 at 23:20 #

    David – Beautiful. But my favorite is,
    Why don’t you all drop R-N-A (Yasko has the formulation)

    -off to listen to Who’s Next

  13. Kev March 17, 2006 at 06:41 #

    _”You are still up in arms about that, Kev? That was not a big deal at all. He may (or may not) have told you (the almighty Kev) the entire story. Big deal. Is that the only lie that you have on David Kirby? How about something of substance?”_

    I realise that the accuracy of the data is not a ‘big deal’ to you Sue but it is to a lot of us. Kirby didn’t ‘not tell the entire story’, he claimed he was misquoted about a vitally important matter – the numbers that underpin his (and your) hypothesis. He wasn’t misquoted, he simply wanted to shift the goalposts when it became obvious his criteria weren’t going to be met. That you’re fine with that sort of duplicity is in no way surprising Sue.

    _”Hey, perfect. The results are now seriously under investigation? That is great news. Did you think that I would be upset with that? No, not at all.”_

    I had no idea whether you’d be upset at all. I was backing up my claim that the Geiers and RFK Jr engaged in a conspiracy to mislead people. Again, its entirely unsurprising that you’re OK with this.

    Kev wrote:

    _”Whether or not it triggers autism has yet to be proven to your satisfaction… it is an unsafe preservative which should not be injected into babies. Common sense tells me that. It seems like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth when you knock Lupron (possibly for good reason) but seem to give a pass to thimerosal.”_

    Yet again, for about the zillionth time you illustrate an inability to comprehend. Thiomersal has not been illustrated to trigger autism _at all_ . If you believe it has, present your science. That its unsafe certainly seems reasonable and I’m glad its not in vaccines to any great degree anymore. I fail to understand how I’m giving Thiomersal a ‘free pass’. Rather, I’m pointing out that Lupron has an established role which will result in an established and expected set of circumstances. Thiomersal does not in respect to autism.

    Its actually you and your fellow flat-earthers giving Big Pharma (whom you all affect to despise) a free pass when it comes to Lupron.

    Kev wrote:

    _”Kev, if that is what you were talking about above in regards to JB Jr’s “extremism” than you should have been more clear. I foolishly thought that you were discussing their beliefs/opinions on thimerosal/autism.”_

    Fair enogh, I accept that you are foolish but lets do that too. Maybe you’d like to refute Camille’s belief that thiomersal does not cause autism. We both know there are numerous refutations to all of John’s increasingly bizarre belief system. No autism before 1931? No autism in China before 1999? No other source of mercury aside from thiomersal causes autism? Want me to go on?

    _”Because there are others who don’t already know… hello.”_

    lol…your circular reasoning is hilarious Sue :o)

    _”I am interested in the science, Kev. It’s just that “your side” doesn’t have any good science to refute the theory. Or if you do, show me.”_

    Which aspect do you need refuting? The idea of of an autism epidemic? The idea that thiomersal or MMR has a causative relationship to autism? Tell me. And whilst youre at it, try and internalise a simple truth: the burden of proof lies with you. Your side has proposed that thiomersal causes or triggers autism – back it up.

    _”Once again, this has been fun but this back and forth about the same old crap is getting old… again. I see that you needed the attention, though, Kev. Things really do get boring around here without “us”.”_

    Boring? No. Calm? Yes. Logical Yes. Trouble is Sue, someone might stumble across your nonsense and swallow it wholesale. It needs its usual trouncing.

    What happeed to all those questions I ‘shied away’ from by the way Sue? What happened to those ‘autism numbers’ you were talkign about?

  14. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 16:19 #

    I don’t know if there’s one “killerjabs” or two.

    The one who posted on Healthfraud was “killerjabs@optonline.net” and didn’t sign their posts.

    However, my files show that before and after those Healthfraud posts a “killerjabs@aol.com” posted on various Yahoo Groups (autismlist, autism_in_children, Autism-Mercury) and a Google shows her posting on homeschoolingboys as well. This aol killerjabs is Dotty Scalco, Founder of The E.C.H.O. Foundation – http://www.theechofoundation.com/

  15. anonimouse March 17, 2006 at 16:41 #

    Sue,

    What you have illustrated is that your belief that thimerosal is a causal factor in autism is not based on “the science”. You haven’t even presented any science to back up your point.

    Is it a foregone conclusion that mercury plays no role in autism? Of course not. The published studies (in mainstream journals) to date have varying degrees of accuracy, but the bottom line is that not a single one of those studies says that thimerosal is a causal factor. The science that your side has presented to date is either flawed (Geiers, Holmes, Bradstreet) or tangential (Horning, Deth, Burbacher) with respect to the question.

    You have also illustrated that you don’t care if the people on your side lie, but heaven forbid anyone who doesn’t believe in the thimerosal-autism connection says anything that might be the least bit controversial or questionable. JPandS can espouse all the bigoted nonsense they want, but it’s a credible journal to you because the Geiers publish there. But if anyone even dares to even question the motives and actions of a mercury parent (or worse yet, speaks out about said actions) then that’s carte blanche to smear them.

  16. Because it's obvious ... March 17, 2006 at 17:28 #

    Jypsy wrote:

    “However, my files show that before and after those Healthfraud posts a “killerjabs@aol.com” posted on various Yahoo Groups (autismlist, autism_in_children, Autism-Mercury) and a Google shows her posting on homeschoolingboys as well. This aol killerjabs is Dotty Scalco, Founder of The E.C.H.O. Foundation – http://www.theechofoundation.com/“.

    – Jypsy, why did you feel the need to OUT someone who from the looks of it did not want her real name to be used? Does this win you some “points” from your friends? From the looks of her website, Dotty seems like an intelligent and reasonable person why did you feel the need to reveal her identity?

    -Sue M.

  17. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 17:40 #

    Does this look like someone trying to “hide their identity”?

    “From: “vandra2”
    Subject: New Organization

    Dear concerned citizens

    This letter is to introduce you a new organization designed to
    educate the public on a health crisis that is affecting our youngest
    members. In the past 20 years we have watched cancer among children
    rise 20%. Between 1980 and 1994 asthma has grown 160% in kids
    between the ages of 3 to 5. Allergies and asthma are at an all time
    high and we are now experiencing increasing rates of juvenile
    diabetes. Today autism is diagnosed in 1 in 166 children and even
    more astonishing is the fact that the Center for Disease Control,
    (CDC) announced 1 in 6 children in the U.S. have been diagnosed with
    a behavioral or developmental disorder.
    We are looking at a generation of children that may spend the rest
    of their lives in a system that does not work and/or spend a lifetime
    being drugged by the powerful pharmaceutical industry. How well is
    our health plan when 11 million children are on anti-depressants and
    children as young as 3 are using psychosomatic drugs? We think it is
    pretty clear something is terribly wrong.
    The pharmaceutical companies are Big Business. Just turn on your
    T.V. or flip through some magazines and you will see we are bombarded
    with drug ads. Over medicating and over vaccinating are being pushed
    down our throats simply by using scare tactics. Meanwhile other
    industries are being allowed to dump toxic wastes into our air, water
    and food supplies. Our right to raise a family in a clean healthy
    environment has been taken away from us and now so has the minds and
    bodies of our children.
    Families have options but are not always told about them. For
    instance we have a right to refuse vaccination. We are told every
    child must be vaccinated to enter school. This simply is not true.
    Every state has exemptions. We are led to believe unvaccinated
    children will die of deadly diseases and that vaccines are safe. We
    should instead be able to read the package inserts and the studies
    and decide this for ourselves. Our children should not be denied
    medical care if their parents refuse to vaccinate. We have the right
    to refuse medications for our kids, although our school systems
    enforce and encourage them.. We have a right to know about therapies,
    practices, procedures and treatments that are working for other
    children; treatments that do not necessarily involve the drugging of
    a generation.
    We feel it is about rights and choices. That is why we have
    decided to call our organization, The E.C.H.O. Foundation. Which
    stands for Educating on Children’s Health Options. We are about
    teaching parents about alternative life choices. The E.C.H.O
    Foundation stays abreast as to what is happening and offers
    information through lectures, books, articles, upcoming events and
    websites.
    The E.C.H.O. Foundation is in it’s beginning stages but has a lot
    of passion and desire to see the epidemic of sick children come to a
    halt. We are truly in the need of prayers and support. Support comes
    in many ways and we hope that you can do so by spreading the word,
    visiting our website, purchasing informative materials or by donating
    some time or funds. The E.C.H.O. Foundation is a non-profit
    registered with the state of Florida and all donations are tax-
    deductible.
    We all need to participate in passing out this kind of information,
    so parents can make better choices for themselves and their families.
    With knowledge comes truth. ECHO the truth and be a voice for our
    kids.
    Thank you,
    The E.C.H.O. staff
    http://www.TheEchoFoundation.com
    Also feel free to join our email list.”

  18. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 17:44 #

    And Sue,
    As I mentioned ““killerjabs@optonline.net” and didn’t sign their posts.” however the aol killerjabs did – “Dotty” – that’s Googleable.
    I didn’t “out” anyone.

  19. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 17:49 #

    my previous post didn’t go through…

    It started out:
    From: “vandra2”
    Subject: New Organization
    Dear concerned citizens…..

    and ended

    Thank you,
    The E.C.H.O. staff
    (URL)

    Doesn’t sound like someone trying to protect their identity to me.

  20. Doesn't make it ok... March 17, 2006 at 17:57 #

    Jypsy wrote:

    “I didn’t “out” anyone”.

    – Clearly, the person who used “killerJabs” to sign their posts didn’t feel comfortable using their real name in that particular situation. The fact that it is “googleable” is irrelevant. The fact that it is possible to find out the true identity of someone doesn’t make it the considerate thing to do, does it? Again, I ask you why did you feel the need to reveal her identity? Is your answer… because you could?

    – Sue M.

  21. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 18:04 #

    They did not sign their posts “killerjabs”, they signed their posts “Dotty” and went on to advertise their “New Organization”. “Dotty” (Scalco) is “killerjabs@aol.com”.

  22. anonimouse March 17, 2006 at 18:52 #

    Sue,

    So I take it that you object to those on Evidence Of Harm who seem fascinated with outing and posting personal information (including telephone numbers and home addresses) about those who object to their viewpoints, right?

    Or do you think everyone should use their real names and not hide behind aliases, as many of your mercury-autism brethren (John Best, Lenny Schafer, EriK Nanstiel) so proudly trumpet on a regular basis?

    Which one is it? Does one have a right to state their views anonymously without fear of someone trying to pry into their personal life or “out” them? Or is it the opposite – if you post on these boards or put up a blog, you’re fair game.

  23. Sue M. March 17, 2006 at 19:49 #

    Mouse wrote:

    “So I take it that you object to those on Evidence Of Harm who seem fascinated with outing and posting personal information (including telephone numbers and home addresses) about those who object to their viewpoints, right”?

    – I absolutely object to ANYONE who post personal information on private citizens. I’m not stupid… both sides have done it. Someone here felt it necessary to post my hometown before even though I had never posted where I lived before on the internet… Not cool.

    – Sue M.

  24. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 20:27 #

    Sue,
    Do you still hold the opinion that I “outted” Dotty?

    If someone were to post that:

    “jypsy@isn.net is jypsy (janet norman-bain) who ran ‘Ooops… Wrong Planet! Syndrome'”

    would you call that outing me or stating facts that I myself have stated?

  25. Sue M. March 17, 2006 at 21:05 #

    jypsy wrote:

    “Do you still hold the opinion that I “outted” Dotty”?

    – From your first post, it *seemed* (to me) as if you had done some digging to figure out who “killerjabs” was and then decided that you wanted to tell everyone her name. I thought that she had been going by “killerjabs” for reasons of wanting anonymity… in which case revealing her name was not cool in my opinion… If you did not do that, I am sorry that I suggested that you did. My mistake.

    – Sue M.

  26. Kev March 17, 2006 at 21:15 #

    There was a ‘killerjabs’ on the parenting.com boards for awhile during an EoH infestation – she and Erik outed me as being someone called ‘dangerman’ IIRC.

  27. jypsy March 17, 2006 at 21:15 #

    Sue,
    I’m not here to “win points” with anyone or “out” anyone or do things “just because you could”.
    I provided info I had, facts openly shared by a “killerjabs”, on a blog where the question arose.
    If you got your opinion of me and my ethical conduct from Fore Sam, I suggest it’s a biased, prejudiced and wrong one and you might just want to give me the benefit of the doubt next time and phrase your accusations in a nicer way.

    Apology accepted.

  28. Sue M. March 17, 2006 at 21:40 #

    jypsy wrote:

    “… you might just want to give me the benefit of the doubt next time and phrase your accusations in a nicer way”.

    – Maybe you could meet me halfway by lightening up a bit?

    – Sue M.

  29. Sue M. March 17, 2006 at 21:50 #

    Kev wrote:

    “There was a ‘killerjabs’ on the parenting.com boards for awhile during an EoH infestation – she and Erik outed me as being someone called ‘dangerman’ IIRC”.

    – That was a different KillerJabs. That was the KillerJabs who has the big boobs and lives in Maine. Not to be cofused with the KillerJabs who goes by Dotty. Not to be confused with the KillerJabs who uses the optonline.net e-mail address.
    As for outing you… serves you right for outing me here when I tried to be anonymous 🙂

    – Sue M.

  30. Kev March 17, 2006 at 22:35 #

    _”As for outing you… serves you right for outing me here when I tried to be anonymous :)”_

    They didn’t out me because I wasn’t Dangerman. They outed me and refused to accept they were wrong. Even now I bet Erik is convinced I was Dangerman.

    I didn’t out you because you were anonymous. I’ve never outed any other anonymous poster aside from you. I outed you because you made a big show of leaving in a sulk and then coming back shortly after. Something of a recurring theme with you.

  31. Sue M. March 17, 2006 at 22:54 #

    Kev wrote:

    “They outed me and refused to accept they were wrong. Even now I bet Erik is convinced I was Dangerman”.

    – Dangerman was smarter than you.

    Kev wrote:

    “I outed you because you made a big show of leaving in a sulk and then coming back shortly after. Something of a recurring theme with you”.

    – Which part of this sentence leads you to believe that I left in a *sulk*?

    “Let’s see what you guys talk about for the next 3 days… I’m outta’ here. Have fun”.

    – I’ll chock it up to “Kev lies”.

    – Sue M.

  32. Kev March 17, 2006 at 23:19 #

    _”Dangerman was smarter than you.”_

    You knew Dangerman? Guess I’m talking to Killerjabs herself then :o)

    _”Let’s see what you guys talk about for the next 3 days… I’m outta’ here. Have fun”.”_

    Well, the fact that that was the third (or was it the fourth, I lost count) time that you said you were leaving, coupled with the snarky _lets see what you guys talk about_ followed by the (inevitable) return posting anonymously less than a day later.

    _”I’ll chock it up to “Kev lies”.”_

    Really? What lies are those?

  33. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 19, 2006 at 11:37 #

    http://hatingautismDOTblogspotDOTcom/ JBJr’s at it again….

    (David: slight edit as I don’t want to supply live links to that site – Kev :o)

  34. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 19, 2006 at 20:10 #

    Don’t blame you…..

  35. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 03:25 #

    Well, it looks as if JBJr got round to reading my above post… or the one I placed on Kathleen’s blog…

    Oh boy.

    Why does he hate me so much?

    Is it because he cannot hope to be as good at his job as I am at mine?

    Is it because he is so full of hatred and I am actually very free of it?

    Is it because he knows that he is so far wrong that he cannot allow, in his very depleted mind, anyone else to be right?

    I dunno…. I don’t care…. it’s pretty evident that this JBJr guy deserves out pity more than our hatred. He can’t help it… let’s face it…. he must have a fucked up childhood, given how he thinks that hitting kids is okay… I have no reason to hit my autistic child. And I never have had…. so I don’t do it.

    Hopefully, he’ll see the error of his ways. I’m loath to doubt it, but there we are… I believe in the basic goodness of human beings. If he can’t handle that…. well, his issue to deal with, not mine……

  36. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 03:29 #

    Oh, and since he obviously reads this, I’ll explain to him why I don’t respond to him on his blog….

    If I do it elsewhere, and in so doing refrain from registering for a Blogspot thing, then it is clear that anyone disagreeing with him about me is not me!

    Given his Bachelor’s with a major in psychology, I’m surprised that he failed to realise that one….

    I think he needs help.

  37. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 03:33 #

    Heh…. What a whining piece of something not able to do what the rest of us can: ” I’ve had my comments deleted and been banned from neurodiverse blogs and lists because none of them have an answer for me.”

    Anyone got any idea why he got deleted?

    I have……

    🙂

  38. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 03:38 #

    JBJr: “Maybe then he will understand why the term “Train Wreck” is not degrading in the least. It is not a slur on the person. It is a comment about what happened to the person due to the fact that the person was poisoned.”

    Um. In exactly the same way that calling someone a “cunt” isn’t derogatory, but is merely a comment of the kind of mother someone had bringing them up.

    JBJr is in serious need of rehab.

    Someone give it to him.

    I’ll do it personally for a fee: €5000/day….

  39. Jannalou March 20, 2006 at 04:26 #

    You couldn’t pay me enough to go near the man for any reason.

    Period.

  40. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 10:07 #

    He must have had a horrible childhood to be as obviously fucked up as he clearly is.

    This guy has some serious issues. For example:

    Andrea posted a response to his snipe at me –

    “Mr Best,
    One can hardly expect people to bother to respond to the sort of foolish derision that should have been left back in gradeschool. No one is impressed. Your hyperbole and perseveration are tiresome.”

    And the best (pardon pun) he can come up with is –

    “Andrea;
    Go fuck yourself.”

    That’s a guy who has three university degrees? I’m having serious trouble believing that. The fun bit of all this, for me, is that he’ll go to any length to denigrate me, and he is too stupid to relaise that the one person all this is hurting is himself. I had all this kind of treatment when I was at school… I’m too used to it now. I just sit back and let that kind of person get on with it, and then I have to feel sorry for them since that sort of person cannot possibly have had such a nice life as it would seem (let’s face it, why should someone have to behave in such a way if they have had a reasonable upbringing, with loving and respectful parents and a worthwhile education?).

    JBJr’s clearly not in a good way.

  41. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 10:39 #

    This is interesting:

    “How many ‘train wrecks’ do you know who have university degrees, are teachers, are excellent musicians and friend and counsellor to half the city in which he resides.”

    I know who Any Mouse is. He sees me doing this stuff practically every day. I was just in the local paper for the very same thing… seems that people here actually like me.

    🙂

    Then they see what JBJr publishes about me…. and they piss themselves laughing; not at how funny he is, but at how ridiculous he’s making himself look.

  42. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 12:27 #

    I think he’s trying to stop me seeing the crap he writes about me now…. 😀

    I can’t get in to see anything…. just this:

    “HTTP Status 404 – /comment.g

    ——————————————————————————–

    type Status report

    message /comment.g

    description The requested resource (/comment.g) is not available.

    ——————————————————————————–

    Apache Tomcat/4.1.24”

  43. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending March 20, 2006 at 13:39 #

    Well… posting here from the LibCafé computer and I can get to the comments board and see it…. he’s trying to stop me seeing his pretentious drivel.

    It has come to my mind that he’s actually probably in love with me, having dedicated two blog entries to me, and mentioned me extensively in others too. But being such an outwardly homophobic person, he cannot reconcile his lustful feelings for me with his obvious bigotry. And so he has to do this.

    Sad bastard.

  44. Kev March 20, 2006 at 17:26 #

    Thanks for _that_ mental image David ;o)

    Actually though, in this case it wasn’t John’s error. Status 404 means the page is missing, which almost certainly means Blogger.com’s database hiccupped at the exact second you tried to visit. Interesting they use Tomact though. I didn’t know Blogger was a Java app.

  45. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 20, 2006 at 18:10 #

    Wor Kev: “Actually though, in this case it wasn’t John’s error.”

    I still think it should be okay to blame him though 😉

  46. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 22, 2006 at 18:18 #

    Just read the new developments on John the Hypocrite’s blog.

    I really despair at that guy. My marriage breaking down was nothing of concern to him… although my ex-wife and I are on the best of terms (no, she did not dump me!). Can’t say that someone as full of hate as JBJr would be able to work with an ex-partner, but – hey – I’m clearly made of better stuff than him.

    He has to grasp at straws too much, too. He can’t find a case against anyone on the ND side, so he has to go on the assassination spree, being as obnoxious as possible to anyone who dares to disagree with him. Maybe JBJr’s just jealous. Maybe my balls are worth having and his are not. I don’t know, and quite frankly I don’t care.

    If I were his kid, I’d kill myself… My daughter (I can guarantee) doesn’t feel like that about me.

  47. David N. Andrews BA-status, PgCertSpEd (pending) March 23, 2006 at 20:41 #

    John Best is a seriously perverted fucker:

    *quote*
    Fore Sam said…
    Any Mouse;
    I’m none of those things. However, your friends who want to send pictures of their groins to people are certainly deranged and it doesn’t matter much which label you choose to stick on them.
    *endquote*

    I don’t want to send him pics of my fucking wedding tackle. He’s the fucking idiot who was taking what most people (me included) would consider a very unhealthy interest in my genitals…. my query on the whole issue was that of: “What the fuck does that pervert want? A pic of my bollocks dedicated to him? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!”

    I’m not the one with the problem about my bollocks: *he* is; *my* problem is his unhealthy interest in them.

  48. killerjabs March 23, 2006 at 23:15 #

    Wow, I had no idea you guys were spending so much time talking about killerjabs. Clearly, I need a new name.

    Orac, I took issue with you over a very specific topic. It was your criticism of RFK Jr. for criticizing the CDC and their inability to follow their own advice in removing thimerosal. I argued then and I still argue now that the CDC was wrong for doing that, RFK Jr. was right to point it out and you were wrong to criticize him. If you want to debate that issue I’m all ears. But ignoring me on your blog and talking about me on another blog is pretty lame.

    My general feeling on the topic of this little fight we seem to have going is this. The epidemiological studies used by the IOM, and by most people when disputing a link, are invalid or insufficient to make that statement. Kev, you asked for something to back this up earlier. Here is a link to Verstraeten, the lead author on the US VSD study, where he calls his study neutral since the first, large, HMO found a statistical link but the second, smaller, HMO did not find a link: http://www.nomercury.org/science/documents/verstraeten_letter_peds_2004.pdf

    Although I’m content to call this study “neutral” for the purposes of this argument I recommend you read some of the information obtained via the Freedom of Information Act. It is summarized nicely here: http://www.a-champ.org/science_documents.html

    The Danish studies are extremely flawed. Here are links to critiques of them by Safe Minds:

    Click to access Blaxill-DenmarkAutismThimerosalPediatrics.pdf

    Click to access Hviid_et_alJAMA-SafeMindsAnalysis.pdf

    Click to access 20040518_AutismAuthorsNetwork.pdf

    The Swedish study only counted inpatient autism cases, ignoring those diagnosed as outpatients.

    Safe Minds hasn’t critiqued the UK study although Mark Blaxill believes it suffers from a fatal flaw called multicollinearity. Even if I concede the UK study as valid, when the Danish & Swedish studies are discounted you’re left with 1 US study supporting a link, 1 US study not supporting a link & 1 UK study not supporting a link. So I don’t see those studies as proof of no link and sometime soon the IOM is going to have to answer for their conclusion based on the data they used as input.

    It seems like your arguments now against a link are based on some recent epidemiological studies that conclude there has not been an epidemic of autism. Jonathan Semetko indicated to me on Orac’s blog that he only considers 8 studies of the US & UK valid since 1999 but I don’t know if all of these support the theory that there has not been an epidemic. The Fombonne studies that I’m pretty sure support the theory that there has not been an epidemic are from countries other than the US & UK. I guess I’d like to see a list of all these types of studies that argue against an epidemic. It would be great if they could be viewed someplace where you didn’t have to pay for them. I’m also interested to learn why we should ignore Fombonne’s conflict of interest as a consultant to a drug company in litigation against parents suing due to adverse effects of vaccines. I also wanted to know if Fombonne had a change of heart over the years. For example, did his early studies support an epidemic? I’d also like to know if there are any studies that meet Jonathan’s scientific standards AND support the epidemic argument.

  49. Anne March 24, 2006 at 06:44 #

    Okay, David, I checked out John Best obsessing about your anatomical features. I don’t know what to say. Two years ago he offered to lead a revolution. Apparently he has picked up one follower to join him in his version of rising up in anger. If it catches on, you’re never going to be able to go out in a kilt.

  50. Kev March 24, 2006 at 13:54 #

    KJ – I can’t provide you with free links to all the papers and I’d almost certainly be replicating Jon’s links if I did.

    re: Verstraeten I’m not sure what to make of them. He seems so sure and then slowly backs away. I guess I’d be interested to know why. Maybe I’ll mail him to ask.

    I’m afraid I don’t find A-Champ or SafeMinds as credible. Lets take Mark Blaxill’s powers of critiquing for example. I’ll paraphrase Michelle Dawson’s points:

    _”Kennedy (2005) called Andrews (2004 – the UK study) a “ginned up” study which is totally irrelevant because the amount of thimerosal injected into US kids was so much greater (and more concentrated; UK kids never got more than 25 micrograms on any one day) than what was injected into UK kids._”

    _”Yes. And Blaxill (2003) has charts and figures to show, as he notes himself, the same autism “epidemic” happening at the same time with the same results in the UK and the US.”_

    You see the problem. One person critiques the study because of the differing rates of thiomersal, one person says that the ‘epidemic’ happens at the same time and at the same rate. Both can’t be true.

    Lots of people keep telling me the Danish studies are flawed. I’ve read the papers and the SM critique and I can see where they’re coming from. However there are several of Blaxill’s crtis that could equally be applied to arguments his own side make.

    He describes the fact that the diagnostic criteria in Denmark changed and noted that the authors ‘failed to quantify its effect’. A very peculiar statment coming from an organisation that denies that the US’s change in diagnostic criteria has any bearing on autism prevalence.

    He then goes on to say that many children entered into the case study were over 7 and states that _”Yet the onset of autism must occur, by definition in the diagnostic criteria, before three years of age.”_

    I wonder what Lujene Clarke, founder of A-Champ and no-mercury makes of this seeing as her own child was diagnosed way past the age of three?

    Indeed, in this paper Blaxill makes heavy repeated reference to the fact that thiomersal exposure in Denmark is much lower than the US….how does he square that with his further findings that the UK _also_ have much lower rates of thiomersal and yet he himself then goes on to show the same rate at the same time?

    The Bernard paper goes on to allege a conflict of interest. However no one has ever addressed the fact that David Kirby’s evidence of harm domain name was originally listed as being managed by SafeMinds and that the design and build of the website itself was performed by Wendy Fournier of the NAA. Apparently, conflicts of interest only matter when they count against you. And in fact the conflict Bernard alleges (and the ‘something is rotten’ paper expounds upon) is false.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: