8 Mar

For some reason autism and vaccines attract a certain fringe element. And for some reason certain segments of the autism communities are willing to join forces with this fringe. For example, consider years back when Andrew Wakefield spoke in Ireland with a new world order group at a rally called “The Masterplan: The Hidden Agenda for a Global Scientific Dictatorship”. Given this history I shouldn’t have been surprised when I ran across websites discussing a webinar held last year: “Autism 9.11 – An Inside Job: Vaccines – A Vicious Social Policy”. As you will see, the webinar includes some names that are familiar to those following the failed mercury/autism hypothesis.

Here’s the trailer for the webinar. It’s only three and a half minutes long and it’s annoyingly edited, but give it a watch.

“Born to be free. Vaccinated to be controlled”. Subtle, eh? OK, maybe in comparison to “The great culling had begun”.

In case you curious as to what the “inside job” is, and the 9.11 reference: to this team autism was an “inside job” just like 9/11 was an “inside job”. Yes, we are talking 9/11 truthers. Yes, people who think that the September 11 attacks in the U.S. were orchestrated by the government. Think this is too far out to be true? Think again:

“Is there anyone conscious who does not know that 9/11 was an inside job? Not anyone that I talk to. By now you also know that autism is an inside job as well. The crony corporatists (aka, “globalist elite”) expect to profit handsomely from the genomic disruption of our children.”

From that same page:

And what about the autistic children now becoming adults in the millions, the tragic victims of the Vaccine Big Lie? The Elite have plans for them, since they follow orders if their basic needs are met with predictable routine. They have been made into the perfect worker drones. Dr. Paul G. King told us that the vaccine schedule is being “fine tuned” to produce more “high functioning” autists for the new world order.

Yep. The rise in autism is not only real, but it is a government approved program to create a “Delta” (think Brave New World) class of workers. And, no, I’m not exaggerating.

In case you think you recognize the name in that paragraph, that would be Paul King of CoMeD. CoMeD is a group run by Mark and David Geier, major proponents of the failed idea that mercury in vaccines caused an autism epidemic. And apparently now Mr. King is telling is that “the vaccine schedule is being “fine tuned” to produce more “high functioning” autists for the new world order”.

Let’s take a look at the schedule for the “Inside Job” webinar:

SCHEDULE Autism: An Inside Job The England Hypothesis: Creating Delta Workers with Vaccines Tentative Webinar Schedule
[1] Introduction: Maj. Gen. Albert N. Stubblebine III (US Army, Ret.)
[2] Welcome: Rima E. Laibow, MD – We are all Vaccine Injured
[3] Focus: Ralph Fucetola, JD – Genomicidal Tech leads to GDS
[4] Thoughts on Individuality: General Stubblebine
[5] Viera Scheibner, PhD: The Fundamental Facts about Vaccination
[6] Christina England: Born to Be Free: Vaccinated to Be Controlled [7] Clint Richardson: Outsourcing our Children’s Minds, the CORE of the Problem
[8] Boyd Haley, PhD: Vaccine “Science” – Lies, Damned Lies and Shoddy Statistics
[9] Paul J. King, PhD: Mercury Murder
[10] Brian Hooker, PhD: Vaccine Lies to Build a New World Order

[11] Panel Round Table
[12] Q and A
[13] Conclusion: Genome Optimization Therapies: Think Globally; Restore Locally – Dr. Rima

I took the liberty of bolding the talks from people who may be best known to readers here. Boyd Haley is not heard from as much anymore, but he was very vocal during in the past decade promoting the idea that mercury in vaccines was responsible for the rise in diagnoses. He coined the phrase “Mad Child Disease” for autism. Nice, huh? Then there is Paul King with “Mercury Murder”. As I’ve noted, Mr. King is a member of CoMeD, an organization run with Mark and David Geier, the father-son team known for bad research, bad medicine and unethical behavior. Brian Hooker is an autism parent and long-time member of the “mercury militia” who appears to have splintered from the “mainstream” mercury groups and is possibly best known online for claiming that documents he has obtained through FOIA requests and other routes “prove” that the CDC and other orgs are covering up the claimed harm from vaccines.

The titles of those talks are a bit extreme, to be sure. And we have the webinar “trailer above” showing this to be a very fringe event. Of the talks, I can find only one online: Mr. Hooker’s talk is on YouTube. It’s long (about 40 minutes).

The first thing you may note that the title is different than the one in the schedule. Instead of “Vaccine Lies to Build a New World Order” we get “The CDC, Ground Zero for the decline of children in the United States.” Complete with mushroom cloud icon, just in case we didn’t get the meaning of “ground zero”. He pulls no punches, telling us that in his opinion there is a level of “voluntary manslaughter and murder” within the CDC. He calls the federal government “the hub of autism creation” with President Obama and the Gates Foundation exporting autism to other countries with mercury containing vaccines. He claims that every study showing vaccines don’t cause autism is statistically flawed. Except, of course, for those points he wants to cherry pick to support his argument. For those the statistics are valid. Instead of his toned down talk he prepared for the Committee on Congressional Oversight and Reform, here we hear all about how the CDC and the HHS are committing genocide.

There is a lot of discussion towards the end about how vaccines are being intentionally used to create a cheap workforce, what the promoters of the webinar call a “delta workers” (think Brave New World). It’s a favorite theme of the group hosting the webinar.

Autism-Inside-Job-Final[1]

With the subtitle “Depopulation, Delta Worker Drones and Autism Eugenicide”

At the end of the presentation we hear this exchange between Mr. Hooker and the host of the webinar:

Host: I’m thrilled to have you as a colleague and a fellow advocate for an end to vaccination.

Brian Hooker: Thank you and god bless you both, I really appreciate it.

Perhaps Mr. Hooker felt that it would be impolite to correct the host in her assertion that he is a “fellow advocate for an end to vaccination”. Perhaps not.

The webinar was made into an eBook. Boyd Haley’s talk changed to a “special message” entitled “CDC/NIH/IOM ABANDON SCIENCE!”. The title for Paul King’s contribution is “Mercury Madness” rather than “Mercury Murder”. And the title for Brian Hooker is “CDC: Ground Zero” rather than “Vaccine Lies to Build a New World Order”.

The “Educational Value” of the eBook is given as:

At the conclusion of this webinar, the participant will be able to discern whether vaccines are used because of the neurological damage they produce or in spite of it, leading to more informed vaccine choices for themselves and those they impact.

Yes, you’ve already heard this message. They think that vaccines are not only causing autism, but that this is an intentional effort by the government.

It would be easy to mock this webinar and the participants. It is very, very fringe. But it isn’t funny. It’s irresponsible.

I’d ask why the hell are Boyd Haley, Paul King and Brian Hooker lending their names to this irresponsible effort, but Mr. Hooker’s presentation makes it very clear. He’s not duped or fooled. He’s complicit[see below]. We can’t say for certain about Mr. Haley or Mr. King, but it’s not as though the message on that website is subtle or hidden.

No, this is no where near funny. For anyone who has read the damage these messages have caused within the autism communities knows: there’s zero humor in this nonsense.

Edit to add: Mr. Hooker has contacted me and informed me that he is not a 9/11 truther.

By Matt Carey

About these ads

28 Responses to “Autism an inside job: a webinar by 9/11 truthers and some names you might recognize.”

1. reissd March 8, 2014 at 04:31 #

A. “Every revolution starts with an idea”. What do they think is going to happen next?
    B. I note that Christina England, of the Agenda 21 and the “Shaken Baby Syndrome is a vaccine injury” fame, is in this esteemed company.
    C. I agree that it’s a shame people like Dr. Hooker, Haley and King find themselves in this company.

• Sullivan (Matt Carey) March 8, 2014 at 05:35 #

Shaken Baby Syndrome denial really angers me.

• reissd March 8, 2014 at 05:37 #

Me as well.

• Julian Frost March 9, 2014 at 18:59 #

Me also, Matt.

2. Saraquill March 8, 2014 at 16:47 #

I’m guessing that the creators of this webinar have never interacted with autistic people, nor read anything written by one? The ignorance and insultingness of their thesis statement is profound.

• Sullivan (Matt Carey) March 8, 2014 at 17:19 #

Their statements scream “echo chamber”. For example, the comment that everyone she talks to thinks 9/11 was an inside job. Actually talk to autistics? Why? As to the presenters, they are in the “if you can carry on a conversation, you aren’t really autistic and you are causing me trouble” set.

• ebohlman March 8, 2014 at 21:46 #

I’m reminded of what legendary film critic Pauline Kael allegedly said in November 1972: “I can’t believe Nixon got re-elected. Nobody I know voted for him.”

• mark S April 26, 2014 at 13:07 #

Oh ya, I in special education for 14 years, and I can hardly remember a single autistic client that I worked (of which were at least 2 million) and your so right about the autistic intellect. How dare he talk down to them critters… The fact is, that autistics can write a hollywod script in less than 20 minutes and plus no spelling errors.. Who can deny that these critters are much smarter that than if they didn’t have autism. And I actually almost believe that shit, especially because Im getting paid to say it, just like you are….. But were on the winning side, so of course its all good… Lying works!

• Sullivan (Matt Carey) May 4, 2014 at 02:47 #

“especially because Im getting paid to say it, just like you are”

perhaps you could point me to where my paychecks are? Which is to say, sorry to burst your bubble, I’m not paid.

It’s easy to dismiss others as “paid shills”. It’s harder to actually hold the adult conversation that needs to be held. Come back when you are ready.

3. lilady March 8, 2014 at 19:00 #

That’s got to be the craziest alliance of Truthers, Conspiracists, Quacks and Anti-vaxxers, I’ve ever seen.

Mr. Hooker has apparently gone further down the rabbit hole and the fact that his latest FOIA “triumph” is a total bust, has got to hurt.

4. Pat March 9, 2014 at 04:10 #

It appears that vaccines have a poor ‘safety’ track record in that over $3 billion has been paid out to vaccine-damaged individuals since 1986 when Congress enacted legislation to indemnify vaccine manufacturers from the thousands of lawsuits filed on behalf of children damaged or who died from vaccine reactions. This number represents less than 1% of vaccine reactions. Do the math and figure that if ALL vaccine reactions/deaths were reported to VAERS, vaccine manufacturers would soon go bankrupt in paying out claims. 49 doses of 14 vaccines by first grade, w/their neuro-toxic and carcinogenic chemicals, confer accumulative damage and compromise the immune system resulting in neurological disorders such as Autism, ADHD, allergies, asthma, diabetes, Guillain-Barre, etc.

• reissd March 9, 2014 at 04:44 #

Since 1989, when the program started operated, it compensated about 3500 cases – a tiny number, when millions of vaccine doses are given every year: http://www.redwineandapplesauce.com/2013/03/05/a-look-at-the-numbers-in-vaccine-reactions/. Almost three billion may seem like much, but since one debilitating injury costs millions, and this number also includes about 150 million in lawyer fees and costs, including to those who lost, it’s not really very high.

Please present evidence that this is less than 1% of vaccine reactions; as far as I know, that’s incorrect. If you’re referring to VAERS reports, while there is underreporting, there’s also over reporting: http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/VAERS.htm

None of the ingredients in vaccines are toxic in the tiny amounts in the vaccines, and studies did not find a link between vaccines and autism, ADHD, allergies, asthma, and diabetes. GBS is more common from illness than from vaccines.

• Sullivan (Matt Carey) March 9, 2014 at 07:42 #

“Please present evidence that this is less than 1% of vaccine reactions; as far as I know, that’s incorrect”

Pat may have been more precise, and more accurate, in his/her language than intended.

Key word: reactions. Not injuries. Reactions. Most reactions are minor. Redness, low grade fever, pain at the injection site.

People like to note that most reactions are not reported and by their context make it seem like most injuries are not reported.

• Chris March 9, 2014 at 16:13 #

Pat, please tell us which is better for a baby to get, be sure to provide some verifiable scientific documentation to support your answers, not raw VAERS data:

A DTaP vaccine or a pertussis infection?

A DTaP vaccine or a diphtheria infection?

A DTaP vaccine or a tetanus infection?

An HiB vaccine or a haemophilus influenzae type B infection?

An IPV vaccine or a polio infection?

A HepB vaccine or a chronic hepatitis b infection?

A rotavirus vaccine or a rotavirus infection? (trust me, those are nasty, the kid had rivers of poo)

A pneumococcal vaccine or a pneumococcus infection?

• usethebrainsgodgiveyou March 18, 2014 at 21:28 #

Chris, I don’t know if you are the same person who I spoke with on a Seth Mnookim writeup, but this form of expression (I’m not finding the right words) regarding vaccines does not deny that a child has been harmed. That, to me, was crazy making….and why I occasionally took a look at AofA. We have geneticists, biologists, engineers, and a doctor in the family. We look to science for medical answers, but to be denied even the possibility of harm by PubMed quoting “smarter than thou’s” just ticked me off. @#$% happens, but there is a greater possibility of harm without vaccines.

• Chris March 18, 2014 at 22:55 #

“We look to science for medical answers, but to be denied even the possibility of harm by PubMed quoting “smarter than thou’s” just ticked me off.”

No one has ever denied the possibility of harm from vaccines. . There are several case reports indexed in PubMed that show it has happened. It is precisely why one parent joined the ACIP to get the USA to switch from the OPV to IPV. It is why the ACIP never put the BCG on the recommended pediatric schedule. If you can find a comment from me declaring that vaccines have never caused harm, then please post a link.

I’m sorry that requesting the relative risks makes you upset, but having had a child harmed by an actual disease: this is very important to me. I find Pat’s starting statement “It appears that vaccines have a poor ‘safety’ track record…” very offensive. If you dislike my response to him/her, then tell me how to I should have phrased the request for relative risk data better.

• usethebrainsgodgiveyou March 19, 2014 at 08:17 #

I liked it, Chris. I’m sorry if you misunderstood me. I think it engages thought, rather than defensiveness.

• usethebrainsgodgiveyou March 19, 2014 at 14:04 #

I’ve had whatever advantage a nights sleep can give me…and I want to go into more detail. You have to be the same person, you use the same terminology, “relative risk”.

In that discussion, I think you said, “These things happen.” Let’s just say you did because it makes for a better story…(yeah, that’s the way I roll…) In those 3 words I knew you heard me.

“My baby was hurt.”
        “Yeah, I know, my baby was hurt,too. Pretty bad. Some babies die.”

Many people, like me, even though I see myself as profoundly logical in a way…can’t let go of the simplistic human desire to be heard. Every parent whose child had a severe reaction to a vaccine who is dismissed or belittled does the same thing any person in their shoes would do. They bunker down.

You are unusual in the vaccine wars, your child is not some ethereal statistic but a flesh and blood human being like mine. You are not a story out there of someone else’s child.

I let it be known, somewhere…that your child’s story was a bitter pill for me to swallow. I heard you, too.

• Chris March 19, 2014 at 18:25 #

Thank you for you kind words, and I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant. I just tire of some people minimizing the risk of the diseases. Like this quote from an AoA comment:

Mumps is usually so mild that they wouldn’t even have vaccinated for it (at least not several decades ago), except that it was so easy to piggyback it onto the measles and rubella vaccines.

Unfortunately before the 1970s mumps was the most common cause of post-lingual deafness.

Yes, I know some vaccines can cause seizures. I would never deny that. Except as a toddler my son had a major seizure while suffering from a now vaccine preventable disease. And if you look at the real statistics, seizures happen more often with more consequences in the actual disease. (and the neurologist would only say that his speech disorder and severe learning disabilities “may or may not be related to his history of seizures”, so we are in the same position as many families dealing with autism)

I just don’t want that to be forgotten. Nor the others that have suffered severely from diseases like these families. I am at the link maximum, but you will find more stories at the PKIDs (Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases), and the Families Fighting Flu pages.

I also don’t want them to be trivialized. My oldest has other health issues, and there are some that have claimed diseases are good because of “natural selection” weeds out kids like my son. Which is a very cruel thing to be told. So, again, thank you for understanding.

• dee March 9, 2014 at 19:59 #

No offence, but you are all grossly misinformed. Have you even read any of their material? i have nothing to do with autism (except babysitting some of the increasing numbers), but let’s use facts and logic (I know, you all hate that!):
      From cdc website “About 1 in 6 children in the U.S. had a developmental disability in 2006-2008, ranging from mild disabilities such as speech and language impairments to serious developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and autism.

*Something* has caused autism and it’s rise certainly correlates with vaccinations. It was essentially unheard of in the 1930s and now 1 in 50 (!!!!!) kids born in the US are autistic. That is a bit of a difference. An increase many thousands of times. From 2007-2013 (6 years) it increased from 1 in 150 to 1 in 50. Think of it like this. Pretend there are 50 kids on a school bus. In 2007, 1 in 3 buses had an autistic kids, 2013, *every* school bus has an autistic. They did not change the definition of autism that much.

Are you really so deliberately **ignorant** that you naively don’t believe
      your government would hurt you??? Fact: Merck Scientists admit AIDs and cancer was in vaccines (gee, how did they end up there? unsolved mystery, surely it couldn’t be intentional). http://www.naturalnews.com/033584_Dr_Maurice_Hilleman_SV40.html#

After 50 years, CDC admits vaccine infects 30 million americans with cancer causing viruses http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/it-only-took-50-years-cdc-admits-polio-vaccine-tainted-with-cancer-causing-virus/

Spend 5 minutes looking at the overwhelming evidence.

And if you really think a huge corporation would get in trouble just for causing harm, think again:

A deadly live H5N1 avian flu virus was distributed to 18 countries in December 2008 by a lab at an Austrian branch of Baxter.

It was only by providence that the Czech Republic tested the batch, before being shipped out for injection into humans. The ferrets all died and the shocking discovery was made.

Czech newspapers immediately questioned whether the events were part of a conspiracy to deliberately provoke a pandemic, following up on accusations already made by health officials in other countries.

Since the probability of mixing a live virus biological weapon with vaccine material by accident is virtually impossible, this leaves no other explanation than that the contamination was a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme and distribute it via conventional flu vaccines to the population who would then infect others to a devastating degree as the disease went airborne.

The fact that Baxter mixed the deadly H5N1 virus with a mix of H3N2 seasonal flu viruses is the smoking gun. The H5N1 virus on its own has killed hundreds of people, but it is less airborne and more restricted in the ease with which it can spread. However, when combined with seasonal flu viruses, which as everyone knows are super-airborne and easily spread, the effect is a potent, super-airbone, super deadly biological weapon.

In a separate case, an ongoing lawsuit has charged that Baxter intentionally used untested and dangerous ingredients in some of its vaccines in order to increase profits.

The Czech Health Ministry has since halted talks with Baxter citing “the firm’s inability to guarantee that the vaccine is safe and who will bear the risks for possible side-effects.” It has had to buy vaccines from other sources.

• Chris March 9, 2014 at 20:12 #

dee: “No offence, but you are all grossly misinformed. Have you even read any of their material?”

Actually, yes. Did you read the above article? Did you click on the links?

Perhaps you should try reading more articles on this site. Then you might understand there is huge difference between the actual scientific papers referenced here, versus the scaremongering news sites you just posted.

Perhaps you would like to explain why we should take Mr. Hooker seriously.

“From cdc website “About 1 in 6 children”

One is six is about 15%, which is just about what falls one standard deviation below the mean in normal distribution. Pick up a beginning statistics book if you did not understand that sentence.

Here is the material you should read:
        Vaccine Safety: Examine the Evidence

• autismjungle March 9, 2014 at 20:49 #

You cited Age of Autism. You lose. They are fixated on the “vaccines cause autism” lie that has been repeatedly disproven.
        There needs to be a corollary to Scopie’s Law for AoA. Simply put, if AoA said the sky was blue, I’d check immediately.
        As for your “increase in autism”, we autistics were with you always. It’s just that now we’re recognised.

• Sullivan (Matt Carey) March 9, 2014 at 23:45 #

“No offence, but you are all grossly misinformed.”

Take a look at the article above. It shows that there are groups that believe that the US Government is intentionally creating autism in order to create a cheap workforce and that this effort is similar (in their view) the the “inside job” of the September 11 attacks.

I disagree with that “logic”. Am I grossly misinformed? And, yes, I read what they had to say. Have you? Why are you defending them?

“(I know, you all hate that!)” Right. Playground taunts. That makes your arguments more valid.

“*Something* has caused autism and it’s rise certainly correlates with vaccinations. ” What is the true prevalence of autism, not the estimated prevalence nor the prevalence of those identified with autism? You don’t know. So how can you say there is a rise or that it correlates with anything?

“Pretend there are 50 kids on a school bus. In 2007, 1 in 3 buses had an autistic kids, 2013, *every* school bus has an autistic”

Let me fix that for you:

Pretend there are 50 kids on a school bus. In 2007, 1 in 3 buses had a child with an autism diagnosis. In 2013, *every* school bus has a child with an autism diagnosis.

If you don’t understand that we have historically vastly underestimated the number of autistics in our population, please do some research.

“Are you really so deliberately **ignorant** that you naively don’t believe…”

And then you go into a discussion showing that you bought into the false story that the SV40 virus caused cancer in humans. (1) What does that have to do with an autism discussion? (2) the fact that you accept junk websites in place of real evidence doesn’t help your case.

“Spend 5 minutes looking at the overwhelming evidence.”

I’ve likely spent many more hours reading the Age of Autism blog than you have. Many. More. Hours. The only overwhelming evidence I’ve found there is that they have a strong bias and little in the way of care for logic or evidence.

And from here you go into a discussion that has nothing to do with autism. Basically a “look at the conspiracy I’ve become convinced exists. I won’t provide you with any links, but it’s scary. Fear the government. Fear vaccines”.

STOP USING THE AUTISM COMMUNITY TO HELP YOU SPREAD FEAR OF VACCINES. YOU AND YOUR KIND CAUSE US A LOT OF HARM AND I AM PLEADING WITH YOU TO LEAVE US THE HELL ALONE.

• Chris March 10, 2014 at 01:49 #

“YOU AND YOUR KIND CAUSE US A LOT OF HARM”

Those kind have not been too kind to those of us who have seen our kids harmed from actual diseases before the vaccines were available.

Of course there will be more kids getting seizures just like my kid if Hooker and his friends get their way and eliminate vaccine programs.

• Sullivan (Matt Carey) March 11, 2014 at 00:54 #

Sorry for the all-caps, but I am really, really tired of vaccine-antagonistic people using autism as their hammer.

• Mark McAndrew March 10, 2014 at 15:06 #

Dee, you are ignorant beyond belief. Stop believing the lies and paranoid made-up bullshit. Vaccines save millions of lives, anti-vaxxers are right-wing conspiracy idiots.

(Natural News and Age of Autism – ha! Why not link to whale.to or timecube while you’re at it?)

5. lilady March 9, 2014 at 20:26 #

SV-40 was a contaminant in an early polio vaccine. It was determined then and it has been proven now, that during the years 1955-1961 inclusive, when that SV-40 contaminated polio virus was administered to tens of millions of children in the United States and throughout the world, that there is no evidence of SV-40 causing any type of cancer:

J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003 Apr 2;95(7):532-9.

Cancer incidence in Denmark following exposure to poliovirus vaccine contaminated with simian virus 40.

Engels EA1, Katki HA, Nielsen NM, Winther JF, Hjalgrim H, Gjerris F, Rosenberg PS, Frisch M.

Abstract
    BACKGROUND:

Early poliovirus vaccines were accidentally contaminated with simian virus 40 (SV40). In Denmark, poliovirus vaccine was administered to most children from 1955 through 1961. SV40 DNA sequences have been detected in several human malignancies, including mesothelioma, ependymoma, choroid plexus tumors, and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. To clarify whether SV40 infection increases risk of these cancers or of cancers arising in children, we examined cancer incidence in three Danish birth cohorts.
    METHODS:

Population-based cancer incidence data from 1943 through 1997 were obtained from the Danish Cancer Registry. The relationship between exposure to SV40-contaminated vaccine and cancer incidence was evaluated by examining incidence in birth cohorts that differed in exposure to SV40-contaminated vaccine. In addition, cancer incidence was examined in children who were 0-4 years of age before, during, and after the period of vaccine contamination. Incidence was compared using Poisson regression, adjusting for age differences. All statistical tests were two-sided.
    RESULTS:

After 69.5 million person-years of follow-up, individuals exposed to SV40-contaminated poliovirus vaccine as infants (i.e., born 1955-1961) or children (i.e., born 1946-1952) had lower overall cancer risk (age-adjusted relative risk [RR] = 0.86, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.81 to 0.91 and RR = 0.79, 95% CI = 0.75 to 0.84, respectively; P<.001 for both) than unexposed individuals (i.e., born 1964-1970, after the vaccine was cleared of SV40 contamination). Specifically, SV40 exposure was not associated with increased incidence of mesothelioma, ependymoma, choroid plexus tumor, or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. After 19.5 million person-years of follow-up, incidence of all cancers combined, of intracranial tumors, and of leukemia among children aged 0-4 years was also not associated with SV40 exposure. Ependymoma incidence was higher during the exposed period than during the unexposed period (RR = 2.59, 95%CI = 1.36 to 4.92; P =.004 versus the period before contamination); however, incidence peaked in 1969, after the vaccine was cleared of SV40.
    CONCLUSION:

CONCLUSION:

Exposure to SV40-contaminated poliovirus vaccine in Denmark was not associated with increased cancer incidence.

6. lilady March 9, 2014 at 21:02 #

Good grief, dee. You come here and link to crank anti-vaccine anti-science websites and you claim that the incidence of ASDs has increased. Why aren’t you aware that diagnostic substitution and the expanding DSM Diagnostic Criteria, in addition to the ability of diagnosticians to detect subtle differences in toddlers and children developmental milestones, have increased the ASD incidence?

Furthermore, none of those crank websites/blogs have ever displayed any knowledge that their staff and their bloggers know the difference between ASD incidence and ASD prevalence.

Incidence of ASDs (or any diagnosed disorder or disease), is based on the number of newly diagnosed children (or adults). Prevalence is the number of existing cases divided by the total population. Prevalence increases because children with autism don’t drop out of the population unless they actually do die or they age.