Leave a message for Andrew Wakefield

9 Sep

DAN/ARI are asking people to leave messages for Andrew Wakefield. Below is mine:

Now that the scientific evidence as presented by Stephen Bustin at the OAP has finally displayed to the world how utterly wrong you are about measles in the guts of autistic kids, when do you plan to issue an apology to all the children you and your colleagues needlessly scoped?

When do you plan to issue an apology to all the parents who believed you and who subject their children to outlandish autism ‘treatments’ that have resulted in both death and hospitalisation?

When do you plan to offer an apology to all the people who are now living in a UK where herd immunity teeters on a knife edge and the numbers of people hospitalised by measles grows every year?

You have been proven scientifically wrong ‘Dr’ Wakefield. Are you also without morals too?

I urge you to go an leave yours too and pass on the link to people you know:

Go here and click the link at the top of the page.

25 Responses to “Leave a message for Andrew Wakefield”

1. momto3 September 9, 2007 at 06:17 #

Hello Kev

2. Ron Lovejoy September 9, 2007 at 06:42 #

It doesn’t seem worth the effort, as they are only posting letters that praise Wakefield.

3. Kev September 9, 2007 at 07:49 #

_”What treatments have Wakefield recommended that resulted in death and hospitalization? Thanks”_

Where did I say that they had?

Ron, possibly so. It would be an interesting exercise in demonstrating DAN/ARI’s duplicity if they didn’t.

4. Casdok September 9, 2007 at 07:55 #

Thankfully i never believed him.
    I wish people would just accept thier child and enjoy them rather than trying to find a cause to blame. Then maybe those lives would not have been lost.

5. century September 9, 2007 at 09:08 #

Why no mention the GMC hearings? 😉

6. Kev September 9, 2007 at 17:40 #

Because I haven’t read any official transcripts yet Century – have you?

7. Matt September 10, 2007 at 06:12 #

Did they ever post your comment? I don’t see it now.

8. century September 10, 2007 at 06:54 #

“Because I haven’t read any official transcripts yet”

So you’ve read some unofficial ones then?

And surely Brian has told you what’s being going on.

9. Kev September 10, 2007 at 13:16 #

Uh, no. Why would he?

10. century September 10, 2007 at 15:08 #

“Century, I can sense you think you’ve got a point here but its beyond me what it is. Spit it out, man.”

I simply want to know what you think of the GMC hearing so far

11. Kev September 11, 2007 at 06:45 #

I think nothing of it as I haven’t read any official transcripts.

12. century September 11, 2007 at 07:11 #

“I think nothing of it as I haven’t read any official transcripts”

What about the “unofficial” ones?

Your not usually such a shrinking violet esp. when A. Wakefield is concerned!

13. Synfonia September 11, 2007 at 11:09 #

Just checked back. My message – expressing my disappointment with Dr. Wakefield as a former supporter – which I wrote on Saturday, has not yet been posted. I guess only totally supportive messages are getting through.

14. Kev September 11, 2007 at 14:47 #

Century, unless I want the Daily Mail’s version of events or CryShame’s meanderings then I’m stuck for sources until the transcripts are published. I’m sure there’ll be more than enough in there to go to town on.

15. century September 11, 2007 at 15:41 #

I must admit that I haven’t seen the Daily Mail’s version.

But I’m puzzled that you haven’t “debunked” CryShame’s meanderings – not like you 😉

Where’s Brian when you need him?

16. Sharon September 11, 2007 at 17:06 #

I wrote the following, but don’t expect to see it on the ARI site!

Your ‘measles in autistic guts’ results were all flawed, via contaminated specimens or false positives.

You failed to disclose important conflict of interests.

You are on video laughing about paying children to give blood samples.

You are accused of failing to get proper ethical approval for painful and invasive procedures on children when such procedures were not warranted.

Do you consider autistic children deserve less ethical consideration than others?

Do you care that with no good reason for doing so, you have created mass hysteria (aided by irresponsible journalists) over vaccination, leading to suffering and disease that should have been prevented?

Are you going to admit this wrong doing? Are you going to apologise?

17. HN September 12, 2007 at 00:15 #

I just looked at it, and one negative review was actually posted. But I don’t think they realized it! It quotes this article:

It says :
    Dear Dr Wakefield,
    let me thank you for this.Just a short clip from a newspaper…….
    A rapid series of tests on blood and other samples from both children came back negative. Both boys deteriorated and were admitted into intensive care.

The doctors were concerned that the boys’ brains were swelling dangerously, a condition known as encephalitis. They suspected a viral infection, but could not identify it.

Dr Eithne MacMahon, consultant virologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals, said: “This was something I’d never seen before. We had to think much harder about what it could be and decided to test for measles, even though measles-associated encephalitis hasn’t been seen in the UK for many years.”

The tests came back positive. Matthew and Joe were fighting for their lives against an affliction that British doctors thought had been consigned to the history books.

HOW had a potentially lethal disease resurfaced with such a vengeance? For more than four decades a concerted effort to vaccinate children had driven measles almost off the map. A few cases persisted each year, but they numbered barely 100…..

18. century September 12, 2007 at 21:14 #

Just like a spaghetti western…

silence and…

tubmleweed….

19. Kev September 12, 2007 at 21:43 #

Century, I have no idea what you are expecting me to say. I read the first Cryshame entry and it was such a rambling, barely coherent affair I never went back.

Sorry, get back to me when I’ve read the transcripts. Cryshame are simply unimportant to me.

20. HN September 13, 2007 at 03:06 #

Century, come back when official transcripts of the proceedings have been posted for public view. Much like the ones posted by the US Court (I would post the link, but it disappeared into the spam lock… and it was only one link!). Kev has posted links to the transcripts in earlier blog entries.

Until the official legal transcripts are posted you will have to wait. There is no reason to get the information filtered through a biased source.

Now if you want a quicker answer to your questions, you may wish to petition the UK entity in charge of releasing the legal transcripts. Otherwise… Just wait.

21. century September 13, 2007 at 08:19 #

Brian Deer said

“..I can assure you that anybody purporting to report the hearing is either trying to fool you, or is trying to fool themselves.”

Kevin said

“I read the first Cryshame entry and it was such a rambling, barely coherent affair I never went back.”

That is not credible – of course you’ve read it.
    (c/f Don’t mention the war, elephant in the parlour etc)

Martin Walker’s account of the GMC hearing is the only one available (as far as I know).

Why aren’t you (and Brian) de-bunking it?

22. Kev September 13, 2007 at 08:55 #

Century, listen very, very carefully. I’m only going to say this once more.

There is nothing to debunk. The Cryshame website pages reporting on this are a mess and contain nothing to debunk. Even if I wanted to debunk them, I have no material to do so until the official transcripts are released and I can read for myself what happened and when. I realise that your JABS pals are very much into making it up as you go along. I personally prefer to wait to read what was said and by whom.

Now thats it. No more on this from me. Or you.

23. century September 13, 2007 at 09:40 #

Apparently you didn’t get the point of my previous comment. I hope you do now. The subject is closed. There is, quite literally, nothing to discuss – Kev.

24. PhD scientist September 13, 2007 at 21:02 #

How about setting up an “Andy, please admit you were wrong” website for the comments DAN/ARI won’t post, Kevin?

1. A Suggestion for Dr. Wakefield - September 10, 2007

[…] of two autistic boys in the UK, has also collected many signatures on an online petition. Kevin at Left Brain/Right Brain and Orac at Respectful Insolence have both posted the messages they send to the ARI, who only seems […]