Britney Spears thinks son might be autistic

8 Aug

I can’t believe I’ve linked to stories about so many Hollywood stars (and Jenny McCarthy) lately but here we go again. Apparently, Britney Spears thinks her son Jayden might be autistic.

Compared to his big brother, Sean Preston, little Jayden “often seems to be in his own world,” family friends say.

“He plays alone a lot,” an In Touch Weekly snitch says. “Jayden often starts crying for no apparent reason,” a friend of K-Fed’s adds.

Um, well, apart from the first statement, I don’t see any red flags for autism. No ones mentioned a lack of eye contact or slow development (or none) of communication skills. On the other hand, it may well explain why Britney turned up at a Gen Rescue gig recently.

I’m not going to get into a Britney-bash. She’s been touted as a manic depressive and us loons have to stick together. I will mention however, that from what I’ve seen on TV, the Spears/Federline children have not had an easy ride of it lately and maybe these ‘symptoms’ might go away if mum and dad grew up a bit and stopped attacking each other publicly. Might also help if every tabloid in the entire Western hemisphere backed off and gave Spears some room to sort both herself and her kids out.

So, if Jayden does get diagnosed (who by? Lets hope its not Jay ‘Polio can be cured by not eating cheese’ Gordon) will she go down the anti-vaccine route? Has the lad even _been_ vaccinated?

I expect she will as she’s already been co-opted by McCarthy and GR. That means we have lots more celeb induced silliness to put up with and even less emphasis on science. Woo-hoo.

Advertisements

9 Responses to “Britney Spears thinks son might be autistic”

1. Navi August 8, 2008 at 17:38 #

But the public loves to hate britney spears so maybe it’ll be a good thing if she goes down the antivax route…

Frankly I’d like it if they left her alone as well. I change the station any time they say something about her, not because I don’t like her, but because they need to leave her alone.

2. farmwifetwo August 8, 2008 at 20:03 #

Totally OT – Kev – have you ever read “An unquiet mind, a memoir of moods and madness” by Kay Redfield Jamison.

It’s this mths book club book in internet land that we’re reading. According to those who’ve finished and have depression it’s a facinating story.

I’m a handful of pgs in so I cannot give an opinion on it. Just thought I’d pass it along.

S.

3. Kev August 8, 2008 at 20:17 #

Yep – except over here in Brit-ville its just called ‘An Unquiet Mind’. It is a fascinating story. Its a bit weird, looking in at someone else’s life and seeing events that whilst outwardly different to my life have exactly the same internal logic (or lack of).

If you like it, I also recommend ‘Noonday Demon’ by Andrew Solomon, a fine writer and a fine gent to boot.

4. commenting August 8, 2008 at 22:54 #

If the tabloids back off and especially Britney moves to a small town in the middle of nowhere and avoids the media, then the biomud parents couldn’t exploit her. It will be interesting to see if she can distance herself from the rumors that Jayden James has fetal alcohol syndrome, or if someone already knows if he has been diagnosed with it.

5. Amanda August 8, 2008 at 23:54 #

I have had to leave the room at times if I see stuff about her on TV, I hate the way they follow her around and mock her all the time, even at obvious times of crisis.

6. Schwartz August 9, 2008 at 05:21 #

This is the best post about Britney I’ve read.

7. jypsy August 9, 2008 at 11:06 #

there were earlier rumours of FAS.

8. Jason R. August 10, 2008 at 13:48 #

I feel Britney Spears may just want more attention. Hasn’t she had enough attention?

It doesn’t sound like autism to me either.

They may need to be more specific if they feel it is.

9. commenting August 12, 2008 at 10:03 #

Interesting.

“The anti-MMR mothers who are putting us all in danger

By Jonathan Myerson
    Last updated at 10:19 PM on 11th August 2008

Measles can be a very serious – even fatal – disease, and it’s on the rise as a result of lower uptake of the MMR vaccine. As the Government launches a campaign to encourage parents to give their children the jab, novelist Jonathan Myerson launches a highly provocative broadside at mothers who refuse to do so.

All parents want to do everything within their power to protect their children. It’s hard-wired into us from that first moment we glimpse our newborn, slippery and struggling for breath.

But what do we do when most of the diseases which killed our grandparents’ siblings have been eradicated and there really isn’t much left from which to protect them?…: