Dr Nick Dubin and LB/RB

10 Nov

A few weeks ago AspieWeb tweeted me the story of Dr Nick Dubin. I promptly noted it away for future blogging and then – I admit – forgot about it. In my defence I’ve had a house move to contend with in the time since then but – as both Jonathon and Wade note, I should’ve blogged about it at some point.

If the allegations against Nick DUbin are true then he is the very opposite of everything I believe the concept of neurodiversity stands for. Neurodiversity stands for respect for the human condition in all its forms. Child abuse in all its forms does not respect the human condition in any of its forms. It is, if there is such a thing, pure evil.

Advertisements

10 Responses to “Dr Nick Dubin and LB/RB”

1. Andy November 10, 2010 at 16:48 #

Writing about these things or (anything contentious) on a UK blog is likely to get you sued. At this moment a blog run by nurses, which is just as respectable as LBRB is being threatened with a gagging order for reporting reservations about someone’s professional practice in the USA. It’s just not worth the risk.

• Kev November 10, 2010 at 17:14 #

Its true you have to be careful, very careful.

2. Zach November 11, 2010 at 08:35 #

I run AspieWeb and in the last few months I have been threatened with law suits relating to this situation, even some from other Autism self advocates.

Its sad when advocacy turns into if you don’t agree with me, I’ll sue, but I guess thats what happens when egos come into advocacy.

3. David N. Brown November 14, 2010 at 10:05 #

A further reason for discretion is that arguably inflamatory reporting (particularly on such a sensitive charge)chan harm either or both sides in a trial (a fact I have been trying to drill into uber-troll Tim Bolen). I think in this case a certain amount of compassion is in order. I believe the best thing would be for Dubin to cut a deal, and then get help for whatever problems he may have.

4. Laurentius Rex November 14, 2010 at 12:57 #

The lack of freedom for bloggers has been forcibly brought home to me too.

It’s not so much a matter of whether I can be sued or not, the merest mention of something that could get me sued can bring disciplinary action against me a the Uni.

5. Neuroskeptic November 14, 2010 at 13:05 #

It’s a shocking case and it must be upsetting for the people who trusted him and respected his work. Still, let’s see what happens in court.

6. Zach November 15, 2010 at 08:44 #

Whats even worse is the fact that so many Autism Self Advocates are defending Nick Dubin

7. Laurentius Rex November 15, 2010 at 10:56 #

No they are not Zach, you have chosen to take peoples words out of context and post material on your blog, that I could not post here in the UK. People have tried to point out that the rule of law is such that a person is not guilty until the courts have found them so.

Anything else is lynch law, and that how ever obnoxious a crime that anyone has committed they are entitled to a fair trial.

8. Zach December 6, 2010 at 08:47 #

Rex,

Nick Dubin has already admitted guilt

1. Tweets that mention Autism Blog - Dr Nick Dubin and LB/RB « Left Brain/Right Brain -- Topsy.com - November 10, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kev, Alltop Autism. Alltop Autism said: Dr Nick Dubin and LB/RB http://bit.ly/8ZtDw3 […]